Author Topic: Ink Cage Review  (Read 7058 times)

Offline Roseann

• View Profile
Re: Ink Cage Review
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 01:10:11 AM »
Here's my review.
I was able to try my Zebra G nib/ink cage, with an oblique pen holder.  I practiced with it for about 10 minutes.
While writing Spencerian I was able to write for an extremely long amount of time.  I kept wondering when the ink would run out. 
For Copperplate, I was able to write for a considerably longer amount of time than is normal as well.

So far I'm very pleased with it. 
Roseann

“The world is so full of a number of things, I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.”   R. L. Stevenson

Offline syed sha abulhassan Quadr

• Syed is Here😉
    • View Profile
    • My etsy shop
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 04:28:29 AM »
Thanks heebs for this great review. 

5 lines of mourning for the death of a lovely Nib.  RIP 604ef.
So basically all reservoirs (cage or spoon)  needs to adjust for longer nib on your holder. 
With regards
-Syed-

Offline Marcia Aronow

• View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Marcia Aronow
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 10:49:10 PM »
Jim's ink cage is remarkably efficient  & I'll certainly order more.  He was so quickly responsive to my email questions that I felt like we were on the phone instead!  The 3 nibs w/cages were wrapped well in bubble wrap:  Zebra G (chrome), Gillott 604EF & Gillott Multiscript.  I asked for the Zebra G because it's my workhorse....will definitely want to order some titanium G's.  OK, so I'm no longer a vintage nib virgin since using the 604EF, which I LOVE!!!  This one could definitely cost me $$$, but it doesn't matter since I can't find them online anywhere (except for Jim's with cages)!  Heebs - so far writing with 604EF for only a half hour & no breakage yet.  The Multiscript performed fairly & I wouldn't choose it for any of my wedding work, but I'm glad to try it.  I used Moon Palace Sumi for writing.  To clean, I swished each nib in water & gently rolled them in a paper towel, as Jim suggests.  Also, I'm a righty & use the Hourglass Adjustable Oblique holder, by far my favorite. 

Here's a pic of my ink cage experiment, please excuse the misspelling, this is just for fun. 

Enjoy your day!
Marcia