General Categories > Brush Calligraphy

Waterproofing watercolour and ink cards

(1/2) > >>

Cherylb5:
Hi everyone, may I know if there is a way to waterproof watercolour background as well as the ink used to write over the watercolour background? I have a couple of freshly-made watercolour cards which I am going to write my messages over with calligraphy ink. The watercolour background seemed to give me a sort of powdery finish. Is there a way to prolong the cards?

AnasaziWrites:

--- Quote from: Cherylb5 on December 22, 2016, 08:14:23 AM ---Hi everyone, may I know if there is a way to waterproof watercolour background as well as the ink used to write over the watercolour background? I have a couple of freshly-made watercolour cards which I am going to write my messages over with calligraphy ink. The watercolour background seemed to give me a sort of powdery finish. Is there a way to prolong the cards?

--- End quote ---
@Cherylb5
You might try something like this.

Cherylb5:

--- Quote from: AnasaziWrites on December 22, 2016, 09:01:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Cherylb5 on December 22, 2016, 08:14:23 AM ---Hi everyone, may I know if there is a way to waterproof watercolour background as well as the ink used to write over the watercolour background? I have a couple of freshly-made watercolour cards which I am going to write my messages over with calligraphy ink. The watercolour background seemed to give me a sort of powdery finish. Is there a way to prolong the cards?

--- End quote ---
@Cherylb5
You might try something like this.

--- End quote ---

@AnasaziWrites : I'll search for the fixative spray at the local art supply stores. Thank you for your help!!  :)

JohnNealBooks:
@Cherylb5 we have a new fixative that is made from milk casein and uses a pump spray - no nasty fumes! 

http://www.johnnealbooks.com/prod_detail_list/s?keyword=Spectrafix

Bianca M:
@JohnNealBooks that is so great!!  Those fumes can be so awful, and you can't always just go outside to use the spray.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version