Author Topic: Bonjour! Hello from France by an engraver  (Read 6665 times)

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
Re: Bonjour! Hello from France by an engraver
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 02:52:30 AM »
Hola Jean, en verdad guardo un recuerdo muy caro de Madrid! Pero solo eran meses, no años, y creo que mi castellano se puso muy malo que ya hace más que veinte años que estaba ahí  ;). It's really rusty, I don't know how to say in Spanish that I really enjoy seeing your beautiful work and I am curious to seeing more!

Hasta luego, Stefanie
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline Donna

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 04:11:47 AM »
My great grandfather immigrated to Canada from France. He made a beautiful hand lettered prayer book which has been handed down to me.  I feel so fortunate to have this in my possession...but I do feel sad that I never learned the language.  The book is a real family treasure. Anyways this thread made me think about that.

I have been meaning to photograph some of the pages for this forum as his prayer book is beautiful and would have been a labour of love with the very tiny writing and flourished borders... and I can think of no better place to post images of his work than here where the love of lettering flourishes. Without knowing him, I think if he were alive today, he would approve!

Anyways Jean, like the others, I welcome you to the forum.  I haven't anywhere near the skill of so many on here, but I am a great admirer!  I look forward to seeing more of your work!  I, too, LOVE the gorgeous holders you made!  Coming from NZ, I did notice the Maori influence. :)   The engraving is superb.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:11:03 AM by Donna »

Offline Jean Santos

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 07:12:58 AM »
Bonjour Donna, thank you for your welcome !
Come on,  photography your grand grandfather's prayer book  I would like to see beautiful ancient writings . I guess he was using a sergent major nib and his writing was round and straight ?
The fleamarkets season is going to start in the little villages near home,  and I will look for old notebooks to show you how nice writing have french pupils around 1920.
 I'm glad you recognize the maori style , my dream is to go fishing one day in the NZ trout streams. You're lucky to live there ! :)
As I love their culture, I engraved their ornaments on a few knives  :

and watches:

Hola Estefa,
I'm not surprised you retain nice memories of Spain . I like their sun , the blue of sky , the fino de Jerez and the tapas . I was in  Andalucia 3 months ago , a marvellous travel
Salud  ;)

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »
Beautiful! *stares at your engravings*
You should consider contacting Brian from Unique Obliques to show him how you embellished the flanges :D
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline Jean Santos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »

You should consider contacting Brian from Unique Obliques to show him how you embellished the flanges :D
Thank You Natascha

I did it . It would be a pleasure for me to work with Brian and make an Unique with engravings , but I wonder if he received my second mail using the Etsy mailbox .
I got no answer since 2 weeks  :'(

Offline Heebs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 01:40:33 PM »
Amazing holders Jean! Wow! Beautiful work :)

Thank You Natascha

I did it . It would be a pleasure for me to work with Brian and make an Unique with engravings , but I wonder if he received my second mail using the Etsy mailbox .
I got no answer since 2 weeks  :'(

Brian mostly responds by email (relatively fast too!), try contacting him that way at [email protected]

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 04:44:21 AM »
Hola Estefa,
I'm not surprised you retain nice memories of Spain . I like their sun , the blue of sky , the fino de Jerez and the tapas . I was in  Andalucia 3 months ago , a marvellous travel
Salud  ;)

Hola Jean, sorry I answer just now – yes, the south of Spain also is soo una maravilla, I was there the last time in the Sierra de Aracena in 2007, a long time it seems, but I still remember it well and fondly! It was just a pain that I wasn't allowed to eat the wonderful jamón because no raw meat for pregnant women ;)! So salud a tí también!

The Maori ornaments are so beautiful! Did you hear from Brian? If not, you could ask Christopher Yoke (YokePenCo) here in the Forum if he is interested in a collaboration – he also makes wonderful penholders!
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline thistledesignstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 02:36:29 PM »
Welcome!  I am in awe of your skill...wonderful, wonderful stuff!
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog  |  Instagram

Offline mary-jane

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 02:15:56 AM »
Tout simplement  : WOW ! Les porte-plumes sont magnifiques ! Can't wait to see more photos as time goes on. Bien amicalement,

Offline SueL

• View Profile
    • Instagram Oliveleafcalli
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 02:51:06 AM »
Wow! Look at the engraving on the flanges!

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 03:58:06 AM »
Bonjour! welcome welcome! don't mind me, i'm just oohing and ahhing at your stuff. i imagine getting a letter from you will come in the form of metal plates :D

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 04:01:30 AM »
As I love their culture, I engraved their ornaments on a few knives  :

OMG THESE LOOK FANTASTIC!

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:59 AM »
this just goes to show how much there is to explore on the Forum...i am just now seeing this!
bonjour and a very belated welcome...but you have already found this to be a nice home!
your work is amazing, and your flanges and holders...wow!!! beautiful!!!
love seeing your work!

Offline EriCa L

• Freshman Member
  • Is and always has been a lover of letters! :)
    • View Profile
    • InstaGram
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 06:30:56 AM »
Omg.. So awestruck by your work!! Would you consider selling one of your pen holders?? In love!!! Great work!!!  ;D :o ::)

Oh, and welcome to the forum!! Hahaha got sidestepped :)
EriCa Lim

Offline Milonguera

• View Profile
    • Instagram,  My blog
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 11:57:36 AM »
Holy Cow, ou merde!  I am just seeing this thread, too!  Unbelievably beautiful work! 
Debbie