Author Topic: IAMPETH Spencerian Guidesheets  (Read 2934 times)

D B Holtz

IAMPETH Spencerian Guidesheets
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:53:27 PM »
I made these guidesheets to match the sizes for the IAMPETH certificate requirements.  I'll be using them for practice (I will not meet the three-year membership requirement until 2019).  These are quite easy to make or modify; let me know if you want lighter/darker/differently spaced lines.  The files with the "p" at the end print in the portrait/vertical orientation, and the "l" files are in landscape/horizontal.

DB

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Re: IAMPETH Spencerian Guidesheets
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 03:07:40 PM »
I made these guidesheets to match the sizes for the IAMPETH certificate requirements.  I'll be using them for practice (I will not meet the three-year membership requirement until 2019).  These are quite easy to make or modify; let me know if you want lighter/darker/differently spaced lines.  The files with the "p" at the end print in the portrait/vertical orientation, and the "l" files are in landscape/horizontal.

DB
Thanks.
I would make the two lines surrounding the x height the darkest, the other horizontal lines lighter/thinner, and the slant lines lightest of all.
Good luck with your practice.

D B Holtz

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 07:05:05 PM »
Here are the revised guidelines, which incorporate the suggestions from AnasaziWrites.  The short vertical lines in the 4mm guidelines are the spacing I plan to use, which puts all 52 letters onto four lines.  On the 3mm guidelines, the short vertical lines are where the center of the names should go, onto five lines.  On an 11x14 sheet of paper, a margin of 1 5/8 inches at the top, bottom, and between sections should space them evenly down the page.

The easy part is done.

DB

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »
Here are the revised guidelines, which incorporate the suggestions from AnasaziWrites.  The short vertical lines in the 4mm guidelines are the spacing I plan to use, which puts all 52 letters onto four lines.  On the 3mm guidelines, the short vertical lines are where the center of the names should go, onto five lines.  On an 11x14 sheet of paper, a margin of 1 5/8 inches at the top, bottom, and between sections should space them evenly down the page.

The easy part is done.

DB
These are good.  Thanks.
Note:  The names and sentences may change from year to year.
Also, not that it matters for practice, but the submission (at least this year) must be made on three separate sheets of 11 x 14 paper. I asked as to why the paper size is so large for such a limited amount of writing, and the only answer I got was "that was the consensus of the committee." Doesn't make much sense to me, but there must be some reason behind it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:22:49 AM by AnasaziWrites »

D B Holtz

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 12:06:08 PM »
Three separate sheets!?  Well...okay...I can follow the rules now that I know them.  I am willing to do what the people that already have the skill say is correct.  I will have to spend some more time deciding on three different layouts for the three sections.

I remain &c.,
DB