Author Topic: A new flex fountain pen  (Read 5759 times)

Offline PrestoTenebroso

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: A new flex fountain pen
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »
The website is open!

www.DesiderataPens.com

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »
I ordered on on Monday & I am eagerly awaiting its arrival!!!!  I have such high hopes that it's going to work!!  I've not used a pen with an ink filling system like Pierre's, so I'm a bit nervous.  But, I spend so much time flying, it's annoying as heck to haul ink & nibs & not be able to use them in flight!  I usually resort to taking a broad-edge pen on the plane itself, so that I can practice in that "down" time.  I would LOVE to be able to practice pointed pen in flight!!  I'll post back once I get the pen & have a chance to try it!

Janis

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
I've really gone off the fountain pen community over the last few years, simply because the loudest voices are the ones saying that you have to spend a ton of money to get something decent.  Pierre's prices surprised me - in a good way - and I wish him every success.

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 04:29:37 PM »
Andy, I have been watching & waiting on his pens, but what made me "pull the trigger" was a note he posted that his lathe is broken and the part that has to be replaced costs half as much as the entire lathe!  I figured that he could likely use a little sale!   I, too, was impressed by his prices!  The pens are attractive, although maybe not as flashy as my beloved one from Christopher Yoke.  And, you can't beat the price, for a custom-made pen that you can replace the nibs on!  I really wanted to encourage him on his quest, so I placed an order.  I can't wait to give his product a try!

Offline Sherry Lu

• View Profile
    • Sherry Lu Photography
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 04:12:58 PM »
Oooh, so interesting! Thanks for sharing! :) And Schin, I eagerly await your review/thoughts!!