General Categories > Introductions

Hallo from HOLLAND

(1/3) > >>

Mike....Dutch:
Hallo .....I m Mike 80 from The Netherlands...Born in Wales UK.....moved in 1990 to Holland to live work and retire...Dutch citizen
Thank you for having me here.....Complete novice and hobbyist....don t have a script so advice or help
or suggestion more than welcome.....I m really not into sloping script as I like writing straight....
perhaps Blackletter if its  suitable for beginners please advice......really look forward to meeting you on my journey here. Thanks for reading my post..

Erica McPhee:
Welcome Mike! There are a variety of non-slanting hands to start with - I particularly like the French Ronde hand. You can also do Italic with little to no slant. Blackletter is definitely another one to consider.  :)

Mike....Dutch:
Good Afternoon
Thank you for the welcome and Guidance
Looking into Straight Italics.....along with Blackletter
Would like to improve my general handwriting do one exercise per day
Looking forward to this journey....to discover learn develop and grow with fun and pleasure
will post my efforts in due course....again thank you  kind regards

Erica McPhee:
Wonderful! This is a great system and you can decide how much or how little you would like to slant the letters: Italic Handwriting

P.S. I have always wanted to go to Holland. My father taught a group of Dutch men when I was a child and they came to our house for dinner. They were so kind and lively and fun. They sang and danced. They gifted my brother and I with wooden clogs with our names etched in them (I still have mine!). I never forgot them and decided one day I would go to Holland.  :-*

AnasaziWrites:

--- Quote from: Mike....Dutch on January 12, 2024, 01:32:43 PM ---Hallo .....I m Mike 80 from The Netherlands...Born in Wales UK.....moved in 1990 to Holland to live work and retire...Dutch citizen
Thank you for having me here.....Complete novice and hobbyist....don t have a script so advice or help
or suggestion more than welcome.....I m really not into sloping script as I like writing straight....
perhaps Blackletter if its  suitable for beginners please advice......really look forward to meeting you on my journey here. Thanks for reading my post..

--- End quote ---
@Mike....Dutch

We visited in 2017. You make great cheese over there, among other things.

Would you prefer to start with pointed pen or broad pen scripts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version