Author Topic: Hi to all from the Pacific NW  (Read 1137 times)

Offline DavePete

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hi to all from the Pacific NW
« on: May 09, 2019, 11:33:38 PM »
I joined this forum to both explore Calligraphy and improve my handwriting. In particular Chinese Calligraphy is an interest of mine. I also am seeking to improve my handwriting so it is smoother and more legible. There is a lot of talent here and I hope to learn from it and hopefully help some others along the way.
Read, Think, Write, Create

Offline KacyBG

• View Profile
Re: Hi to all from the Pacific NW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 11:32:53 PM »
Hi, Dave,

Welcome! The NW is beautiful; my parents and three of my siblings live there, so I'm partial to that area of the country.

Hope you're enjoying research in the Forum--there is indeed so much collective calligraphic talent here.
I'm a beginner at Copperplate calligraphy, but I admire Chinese calligraphy. A few months ago, I ground and prepared my ink, and enjoyed doing it, though it took time to bring it to the consistency I wanted. Perhaps when I've finally mastered Copperplate and Spencerian--my current goals--I'll try my hand at grinding ink again.

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 02:14:12 AM »
Dave,

Welcome to the forum!  I've noticed a slight peak in interest in Chinese calligraphy among the forum's newer members, so I'm sure you'll find some niche camaraderie here in addition to standard-to-the-forum overall welcomeness. 

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »
Welcome Dave! There are quite a few members interested in Chinese calligraphy (myself included). Although I have yet to get around to doing any of it.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

ash0kgiri

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 02:07:50 AM »
Warm welcome Dave,

Offline hzw8813

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 08:28:33 AM »
Hi there Dave! Great to see someone with an interest in Chinese calligraphy! I always get excited, although I've only received training in Chinese penmanship (with a fountain pen), and not the traditional brush calligraphy. Nonetheless, looking forward to your work on this forum!!