General Categories > Favorite Resources

Printing Service Suggestions in the Los Angeles Area?

(1/1)

dailyletterings:
hi all! 

does anyone have any experience with local printers in the los angeles area that they'd recommend for printing wedding invites?

has anyone found it a burden or an issue to use a printer that is not local, or is it just as easy?

thanks!
torrie

Erica McPhee:
Depending upon what I'm printing, I will use a local printer or WHCC. I don't have any problem ordering away.  :)

Linda Y.:
are you looking for a 4-color/offset printer or a letterpress printer? my personal experience is, LA printers tend to charge "LA prices."  :-\  I did research and ended up working with printers out of town and everything turned out fine. One thing to keep in mind - screen colors do not equal real-life colors. As long as you have Pantone guides for reference, the colors should stay accurate.

[Edited to add] Roseann has worked with a local letterpress printer, if you're looking for one, she may be able to give you a reference :)

dailyletterings:
thanks erica and linda!! good to know, linda, about the LA prices!! i am not looking for a letterpress printer.  the client would just want a digitally printed invite.... so i assume that means the "4-color/offset printer?" i'm not familiar with that lingo. i'll have to go look it up! 

thanks again!!
torrie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version