Author Topic: maybe a category of just pics of our practice and work  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Nickkih

• Be Brave
    • View Profile
    • Amore Paper and Ink
maybe a category of just pics of our practice and work
« on: May 14, 2014, 11:05:08 AM »
Show and tell is for projects working on or finished. But maybe a category with just pics of our practice. That way its on the forum instead of everything on instagram. Just a thought.
Mom, Grandma, and Calligrapher

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
    • Dasherie Magazine
Re: maybe a category of just pics of our practice and work
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 05:08:43 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I encourage everyone to share anything on the Show and Tell board - from practice to finished piece. I will think about the idea though of just a practice board. I don't want to create too many boards and duplicate if it can be covered by either show & tell or kind critique.

But if others think this is a good idea, I will give it serious consideration.
Thanks!  :)
Truly, Erica
Lettering/Design Artist, Homeopath, Photographer, Mom, Wife
Dasherie Magazine | Paperwhite Studio | Instagram | Facebook

Offline ultraQuiche

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 06:54:47 PM »
For what it's worth, I generally don't like to post something unless it's finished, ie. passed quality control and final inspection and what not. The rest goes in Kind Critique, if I want something torn apart for the good of one of my upcoming projects or general progress.

The Show & Tell / Kind Critique division works nicely for me - although I can see how one would find motivation in regularly posting practice sheets here.

Offline YokePenCo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 11:41:11 PM »
A little of topic, but somewhat related.....

I keep and date all my practice sheets. Every month I go through my practice sheets and pull out what I consider the best page. I then have a scrapbook that I add that one sheet to. My scrapbook, shows my progression for myself over time. Its great to refer to.

Sorry to hijack the thread :)
Christopher J. Yoke
www.yokepencompany.com

Offline Denise R

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 11:50:07 PM »
Ken, I'm just starting to learn Spencerian. I mean just BARELY starting. Keeping and dating practice sheets and selecting the best for a scrapbook is a truly wonderful idea!

I was thinking of keeping all of my practice sheets for a while, but it didn't take long to realize that looking through page after page of my very first attempts is actually rather discouraging (and a little comical), rather than an encouraging record of progress.

Tomorrow I'm going to do just what you've mentioned. That would be about 11 minutes from now :-)

Thanks!

Denise