Author Topic: Huion A4 Lightpad review  (Read 27351 times)

Offline gfrosen

• View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Huion A4 Lightpad review
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 04:45:48 AM »
Thanks so much for this review Felicia!

I was almost convinced that I would have to buy one of the artograph lightboxes that are more than 100 dollars. This looks really nice and sleek, almost like a drawing tablet. I just ordered mine and now I can't wait to get Hugh Lightrey - yes, I named him already  :P :-[
Instagram - @gfrosen

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »
@gfrosen Hugh lightrey lol!

Offline gfrosen

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 02:01:53 AM »
Just got my lightpad in the mail yesterday. It is amazing so far. I was testing it last night and it can still see through two pieces of 250gm paper!
Instagram - @gfrosen

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 05:57:59 PM »
I'm super happy everyone is enjoying this light pad as much as I am :D. I believe I have the L4S model.

I use it set at a fairly low brightness setting for practicing with guidelines and crank it all the way up for envelopes. I usually do cover up the exposed areas since the light hurts my eyes a bit.

I haven't found any issues with the relatively short usb cable that it comes with since my lightpad sits next to my laptop. I watch obscene amounts of netflix while practicing. :P
-an over enthusiastic newbie
http://instagram.com/tewshortforu

Offline Alexiz

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 06:07:41 PM »
I'm super happy everyone is enjoying this light pad as much as I am :D. I believe I have the L4S model.

I use it set at a fairly low brightness setting for practicing with guidelines and crank it all the way up for envelopes. I usually do cover up the exposed areas since the light hurts my eyes a bit.

I haven't found any issues with the relatively short usb cable that it comes with since my lightpad sits next to my laptop. I watch obscene amounts of netflix while practicing. :P

lol! Annie I do the same thing! I have The Office playing on Netflix on my computer. I've been loving my lightpad as well. Its super helpful and i love that you can toggle the brightness. It sure beats drawing grids or trying to find translucent enough paper. And I love that its so thin!

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »
i'm getting this next month!!!  need to budget  supply hoarding
patricia
instagram    |   blog    |   facebook

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 10:32:52 PM »

lol! Annie I do the same thing! I have The Office playing on Netflix on my computer. I've been loving my lightpad as well. Its super helpful and i love that you can toggle the brightness. It sure beats drawing grids or trying to find translucent enough paper. And I love that its so thin!

I want to do that too, but only for shows I'm okay missing bits of.. If not I enjoy the show and find that I splet everythnng wronc

Offline SueL

• View Profile
    • Instagram Oliveleafcalli
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 07:46:15 PM »
A question for those of you who've used this before - can it be used on thick watercolor paper? I'd like to write on some thick paper but really don't want to draw lines and erase them.

Offline AmyNeub

• View Profile
    • 5th Floor Designs & Calligraphy
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 11:22:03 PM »
A question for those of you who've used this before - can it be used on thick watercolor paper? I'd like to write on some thick paper but really don't want to draw lines and erase them.

Yes, the light gets super bright. I can even see through some colored envelopes. I had 80lb paper and Bristol board with my copperplate grid paper and I could still see the lines.

Offline SueL

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 11:35:53 PM »
Thanks Amy!

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 05:47:48 PM »
I had a light box previously (a Light Tracer 2).  I was satisfied with it, as it met my basic needs.  However, I was doing invitations for a wedding & the only way I could see my lined insert inside the envelopes was if I lettered at the very top of the box, where the light is brightest.  That caused me to lean over the light box at a weird angle & it really hurt my neck.   :'(  For my birthday, I received a portable light pad and I'm totally in love!!!  It gets super bright (and it remembers how bright you like it, so that when you turn it on, it goes automatically to the last setting you had) and it is easy to see a guide sheet even through dark paper!  You need to treat yourself with one of these light pads!  Maybe Santa will get one for you if you are very good! 

Janis

Offline SueL

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 09:36:33 PM »
I just got my Huion light pad. It helps a lot with not having to rule lines for envelopes and thicker paper. Thanks Felicia and everyone else who recommended it. A question - do you use any padding under your guidelines to soften up the writing surface? If so, what do you use?

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 10:40:03 PM »
I guess you can use some padded sheets but it'll be harder to see the lines..

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 07:45:30 AM »
Sue,

I don't use anything under my guide sheet to pad it.  I write on the surface of the light pad.  You could pad it with something, but that would add another layer & it would make the surface darker.  That would make it harder to see the guide sheet & defeat the purpose of the light pad!  It is easy to write on the surface & I don't feel like I need any padding!

Janis

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »
I just got my Huion light pad. It helps a lot with not having to rule lines for envelopes and thicker paper. Thanks Felicia and everyone else who recommended it. A question - do you use any padding under your guidelines to soften up the writing surface? If so, what do you use?

I use a paper towel under my guide sheet while practicing but for envelopes I use no padding
-an over enthusiastic newbie
http://instagram.com/tewshortforu