Author Topic: Why am I called SPAM when I try to register (and other registering info)?  (Read 22065 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
If you are trying to register for our forum and you receive a message which says, "The user... is a SPAM", please don't take it personal.

The number one reason people receive this message is because they do not delete the characters from the box which says, "This box must be left blank."

The box does not show up for every person. If it does, delete the characters before submitting.

If you have trouble answering any questions, please contact me via the contact form and I will be happy to send you the answers. Or if you are having trouble registering altogether and fed up, please contact me and I will be happy to register you myself!

Many people do not realize that we constantly receive SPAM, bot, and malicious attacks on our forum every day - sometimes thousands per day. While I know the registration process is cumbersome, it is a necessary measure to keep our forum as safe as possible. It is in NO WAY meant to deter anyone from joining.

Please watch this video for help in trying to register:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 05:26:29 PM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Gary

• View Profile
    • La maison de réflexion
Recently, each time I log in, which is almost daily, I am refused the first time (but not as spam) and accepted the second. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Hmmm… that is interesting @Gary  and the first time I have heard this. Try clearing your cache and seeing if that helps.
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Gary

• View Profile
    • La maison de réflexion
Thank you Erica.
I have cleared the cache and I think it has solved the issue. If it reappears, I will let you know.
Thank you too for a wonderful forum.
Best regards
Gary

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
I’m relieved to hear it helped @Gary ! Please do let me know if it happens again.  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Gary

• View Profile
    • La maison de réflexion
Hi Erica,

I cleared the cache on my computer yesterday as you know and when I tried to log on for the first time today I received the same error message as before. I've attached a screen print to show you. When I try for a second time, I log on with no problem. I'm sure there's a simple explanation and as no-one else has reported the same issue,  :-\it must be something I'm doing..... or not doing. :-\

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Hi @Gary , I think it may have something to do with whatever browser you are using. This used to happen to me on my laptop but stopped happening after a while. I will look again and see if I can find a cause. I figured out for me, it happened more when I signed in using the top sign in vs. the one half way down the page (when I try to get on and it says I am not signed in). But it stopped happening after a bit.
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Gary

• View Profile
    • La maison de réflexion
Thank you again, Erica. It's not really a problem for me but I thought that I would flag it up to you in case it was a general glitch. I will do as you suggest and let it decide for itself.