Author Topic: The "What's Up" Thread  (Read 25826 times)

Offline Meredith S

• View Profile
Re: The "What's Up" Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2014, 05:04:56 PM »
Natascha, that's awesome! Congratulations!

Moya, I'm glad you've gotten through the tough part. I know what you mean about life piling up. It will calm down now that you've gotten over the big hurdles.

Offline cherlotuspixel

• I'm a purple princess!
    • View Profile
    • Cher's Creative Space
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2014, 07:11:51 PM »
Wow! So happy that inkcatcher started this thread. Now I'm getting to know more of you. I follow most of you at IG and I've been getting happy feedbacks from my posts.

I have been stressed out and tired lately. I'm recovering from a bad flu. Doing calligraphy keeps me happy though. I'm excited to be at the Pen Meet Manila organized by inkcatcher later this month.
Full-time Interior Designer & blogger. I blog at Cher's Creative Space.
Some of my works are on Instagram too.

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2014, 10:16:13 PM »
Natascha you champion!!! CONGRATULATIONS!  That's awesome news!!!

Me, I am: exhausted!  I've just (at 2.30am...) sent off the proof to the printer of the October-November issue of our calligraphy magazine - it was supposed to be there ten days ago and the guilt is eating me alive, oh my God, but I just couldn't. do. any. better.  I've been working six-day weeks and fourteen-hour days while my day job ate me alive.  Luckily we've finally finished the big thing we were doing at work, and I've finished the magazine, and now ... now I guess I dare peek my head up and look around at the rest of the world and try to work out what else I've lost track of and what else is overdue.

Probably a lot.

eeek.  Do you ever get that feeling that life is just piling up and you can't catch up and you can't breathe? 

At least I have a couple of weeks of holiday coming up soon - they are very much needed!

moya, you are truly missed :)  you deserve that vacation :)
patricia
instagram    |   blog    |   facebook

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »
Congratulations Natascha!!!

Offline chantellehoffmann

• View Profile
    • Bespoke Strokes Calligraphy
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »
Fantastic news Natascha! And what a perfect fit to find a job that allows for your calligraphy work. After seeing your awesome Dr. Who piece, I'm stoked to see what you've got coming for us in the Etsy shop! :) :) :)

I will be temporarily closing my Etsy shop doors for a couple months because I found out on Monday that we're moving back to the US...in less than a month! Yikes! Far too much to coordinate, especially while mourning the loss of by beautiful time here in England. I'm not ready to leave. Calligraphy time is suffering, and it's horrid timing for me to be taking the Spence class. I'm loving it, but have no time for practicing. Boo.

But, on the positive side: HELLLLLLLLO cheap shipping, IAMPETH, PaperSource, and brides who are happy to spend too much on weddings ;) Haha, there is a plus side to the being a calligrapher is the States. We'll be in the SF Bay Area, which is new for me, so do share if you all know of any great spots (calligraphy or not).  Cheers!
Chantelle Hoffmann
Instagram: @bespokestrokes Web:BespokeStrokes.com Facebook: FB

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2014, 10:22:16 AM »
Congratulations Natascha!! So happy for you! You really made the best of this situation and it sounds like you are now in a better situation than before. :)
Star

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2014, 02:12:08 PM »
@Anam:  have you read about the female pilot who flies for the UAE Air Force?  There was an interesting article online & my daughter sent me an article about her from an English print newspaper in the UAE. She's very impressive!

Offline ernie_tan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2014, 01:45:36 AM »
Congratulations, Natascha!! Very happy foy you :)

Off to prep some tools to pen meet. Woot woot. We are having pen meet with Indonesian calligraphers. Very glad that finally we can actually meet everyone (hopefully many will join us) directly, not in the cyber world only. Calligraphy has given so many benefits (except $$$ fly away to buy supplies), including meeting new people and much better, new FRIENDS!
Ernie Tan
IG: ernietan.calligraphy | Practice makes progress.

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2014, 04:16:44 AM »
Fantastic news Natascha! And what a perfect fit to find a job that allows for your calligraphy work. After seeing your awesome Dr. Who piece, I'm stoked to see what you've got coming for us in the Etsy shop! :) :) :)
Thank you so much! Unfortunately, shipping to the US is more expensive than the prints themselves, which sucks, sucks, SUCKS!!! AAARGGGHHLLLL!!
So you better order as long as you're still in the UK ;D
Do you mind telling us why you're leaving the UK? :(
Natascha
My Instagram

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2014, 02:38:56 PM »
Natascha, yeah.. Shipping is a bummer, but you'd be surprised how many people still order from the US. I'd say half of my orders come from the US. So they are paying about $17 with the exchange rate.

As for the move, my husband accepted an offer with a company back in the US and they want him to start ASAP. I'm already going through England withdrawals just thinking of leaving!
Chantelle Hoffmann

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2014, 07:37:15 AM »
I also ordered prints from the US when I wanted them, and shipping is just as expensive, so I'll just hope Americans think the same way!My items have been up on Etsy since Saturday night and I've already had two orders–from the US! :D :D

The move-thing sucks :( I don't think I'd move this far for a job, except if it was at Pixar or something ;D I'd be too scared of it not working out. What if the colleagues suck? Por you :(
Natascha
My Instagram

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »
Hahah, oh Natascha, you make me laugh. I'm not at all scared about moving back to the US since I've already made the international move once and we faired just fine. The job is actually with Facebook, which I still haven't decided how I feel about. Maybe we will be upgraded to super-online stalkers now! :) haha. Anyhow, if he does end up not liking the job, we'll be back in home territory and closer to my family, so all will be okay.  But, thanks for the laugh and concern.

And that is soooooo great about your US orders already! I'm sure they will be pouring in. I've not even watched Dr. Who and I love that one print :)!!
Chantelle Hoffmann

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2014, 03:40:51 AM »
Aaah okay, I thought you were from the UK originally :)
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2014, 10:09:58 PM »
just to make you guys laugh and relax for a bit..
this video is amazing :)

patricia
instagram    |   blog    |   facebook

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »
Sooo, how is everyone doing?

I finally have the starting date for my new job, it the 3rd of November! So I'll work for one week, then I'll go to Paris for a week, haha. Ah well. They could've let me start after my holiday.
I've been there a couple of times now to talk and everyone sounds really really nice. I'm quite thrilled!
That gives me two more weeks for intense practice and then it's back to squeezing in after-work calligraphy hours  ::) then again, making room for it makes practice time even more special.
Natascha
My Instagram