Author Topic: Zig Scoll and Brush Markers  (Read 8278 times)

Offline CHAKAMEDINA

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Zig Scoll and Brush Markers
« on: June 18, 2015, 08:28:11 AM »
I wanted to love Tombow's markers and I do like them a lot. The colors are amazing! However for whatever reason my calligraphy doesn't seem to respond well to them. I was very discouraged by this because it seems like a lot of brush marker calligraphy is done with Tombow products. I decided to try my hand with another brand. I stumbled upon Zig brush markers and LOVE them! The colors aren't as bright as what Tombow offers but my calligraphy is so much more beautiful with these. The funny thing about not being able to work with a particular brand or product is that it steers you closer to finding your identity and unique take on calligraphy. I can't expect to amazing with all nibs, all oblique's, all paper types and brush markers. Anyone experience this with Tombow and if so what brand of brush markers do you like working with?

Offline PriH

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Zig Scoll and Brush Markers
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:58:18 AM »
Hi!

I just bought some Zig markers but have yet to open them.  I am currently waiting for my shipment of tombows too! One brand of brush markers that I love are the Faber-Castell Pitt Brush Pen. I know you can get buy them as a set from Amazon but I bought a few individually from Hobby Lobby. They are great for brush lettering and are made from waterproof india ink which allows for bold color and a smooth transition onto most paper. I have also bought a few brush pens from my trip to South Korea, one of them being a Monami Regular Fiber Tip Non-permanent Fude Brush. It was fairly cheap, about $2 and comes with a refill. It took a little while to get used to as the brush tip itself is shorter than what I am used to, so there is less variance compared to the FC pens. However, it goes on smoothly onto most mediums and is fun to play around with, plus it was only $2! By the way are your zig markers the dual sided ones??

Offline CHAKAMEDINA

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 07:56:05 AM »
very cool! Yes the zigs I have are dual. But I never use the other end.

Offline diegoibanez

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 02:09:58 PM »
Hi,

I love Tombow, but the dual brush Zig are really cool  8).
Lately I used "Lyra Aqua brush duo" and the results are really good and are cheaper than other brand (in my country at least).

kind regards
Give me a pen and I give you a world...

Offline beahiguit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 09:38:33 PM »
Hello! I'm new here. I was wondering if you tried that brush tips (not the felt tips like Zig's Scroll and Brush pen) but more like the wink of luna/stella. It gives these strokes that aren't so smooth looking like the felt ones, specifically the scroll and brush pen. I've bought a few and its much more pricey that the felt tips, but the felt tips are easier and better to use!! :)