Author Topic: Ultra Fine Motor Skills  (Read 987 times)

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
Ultra Fine Motor Skills
« on: January 30, 2016, 09:03:35 AM »
I've taken a break from calligraphy to move, and I am now taking stock of my skills for a new plan of attack.  I am not an artist and I recognize that I have not developed the ultra fine motor skills that many here have.  Making symmetrical swirls and loops is difficult.  Yes, I can practice making swirls and loops but it is so boring.  I salute those of you who can discipline yourselves to do that.  Aren't there more interesting ways of practicing?  There are apps for kids to learn fine motor skills, but what about some for ultra fine motor skills?   

Offline Tasmith

• View Profile
    • Todd A. Smith Photography, LLC
Re: Ultra Fine Motor Skills
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 03:34:38 PM »
I found doing Michael Sull's Movement Exercise Practice Sheet and Cross-Drill Exercise Practice Sheet daily before I practice have really built up my hand, arm and should muscle strength to where my calligraphy is much more consistent.    If I skip a few days I can tell the difference as my writing starts to look sloppy.  It takes me about 10 minutes to do both sheets.  Both exercise sheets can be found in Michael Sull's American Cursive Handwriting Self-Study Workbook and Curriculum.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:37:26 PM by Tasmith »
Todd

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
Re: Ultra Fine Motor Skills
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 06:48:17 PM »
Thanks!  Maybe setting a goal of 10 minutes a day I can do.