Author Topic: Supplies in Europe?  (Read 15455 times)

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Supplies in Europe?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 09:55:29 AM »
Does any know of any alternatives to amazon when buying walnut ink?  Or am I just missing it on the usual calligraphy supply sites?
Yes! At kalligraphie.ch - wonderful walnut ink!
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline FrancescaV

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 01:28:09 PM »
I've just thought of another question - anywhere outside the U.S where I can get finetec the 6 gold palette? I have instagram envy.  :o
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:11:27 PM by Cescav123 »
A pen is to me as a beak is to a hen -J.R.R Tolkien

Instagram

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 02:33:35 PM »
You can buy it from coliro.de – Finetec is actually a German company ;)!
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline FrancescaV

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »
You can buy it from coliro.de – Finetec is actually a German company ;)!

Oh thank you! I'm happily £25 lighter - I bought the 6 gold palette and the limited edition dragon silver  ::) I have to stop buying!!!!!

Edit: My finetec is here! So excited to use it - the colours are gorgeous!!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:07:33 PM by Cescav123 »

Instagram

Offline FrancescaV

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 12:46:24 AM »
One very quick question - where can I find a folded pen nib? I've been searching everywhere and I can't find any.  :(

Instagram

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 02:55:49 AM »

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 03:43:27 AM »
I agree with Stefanie: the only other folded pen I've seen offered in Europe is at the bottom of this page:

http://www.comptoirdesecritures.com/acatalog/Les_tire-lignes_etc.html

It's easier to find instructions on how to make them than to find one for sale.  If you fancy having a go, there are some informative links on this page.

Offline NikkiB

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 04:25:46 AM »
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/215606025/handmade-dip-pen-from-reclaimed-tins?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_query=calligraphy+pen&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_locationQuery=2635167&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

I found these on Etsy the other day when searching for something else, I thought they were quite steep but looking at the other links the price is comparable.
Nikki x

Offline FrancescaV

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 05:25:42 AM »
You mean like some of these?

http://www.kalligraphie.ch/store/index.php/cat/c67_Professionelle-Schreibwerkzeuge.html

Exactly like that! I couldn't for the life of me find these these this morning - the price is pretty steep I would maybe try and make one - there's a can of coke in the fridge!

Thanks everyone for the info and links!

Instagram

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 05:52:55 AM »
I think Erica made one herself … I agree the prices are quite high :/. I don't have one myself, just have been ogling them :).

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 06:11:07 AM »
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/215606025/handmade-dip-pen-from-reclaimed-tins?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_query=calligraphy+pen&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_locationQuery=2635167&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

I found these on Etsy the other day when searching for something else, I thought they were quite steep but looking at the other links the price is comparable.

I think those are a good deal: Maria Whetman has taken the whole business of making folded pens a bit further by forming the whole thing from one piece of metal, handle and all.  Furthermore she uses steel cans, so the pen ought to last well.  I've been aware of her work for a while since seeing this article, but didn't know about the Etsy shop - so thanks for putting another temptation in my way, Nikki.  ;)

Once I've worked the reed pen obsession out of my system, this might be the next thing to have a go at ...

Offline NikkiB

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 08:25:02 AM »

I think those are a good deal: Maria Whetman has taken the whole business of making folded pens a bit further by forming the whole thing from one piece of metal, handle and all.  Furthermore she uses steel cans, so the pen ought to last well.  I've been aware of her work for a while since seeing this article, but didn't know about the Etsy shop - so thanks for putting another temptation in my way, Nikki.  ;)

Once I've worked the reed pen obsession out of my system, this might be the next thing to have a go at ...

You're very welcome Andy  ;) ;D

I feel bad now opening up a discussion of 'worth'  :-\ when I came across these the other day my gut reaction was 'I wouldn't pay that' but after seeing the links Stefanie and Andy posted I thought 'ok, so that's how much they cost then...'

That said, I still wouldn't purchase one because like Andy, I have another obsession to work out first, lol!  I would put money on me thinking these are the best deal in the cosmiverse within the year  ;)
Nikki x

Offline Andrew H

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 10:14:21 AM »

Here are a few EU suppliers I've used or had recommended - the list is UK heavy because that's where I am.  The one thing which remains hard to get without importing from outside the Union is a decent oblique pen holder at a sensible price, but on the other hand we're quite fortunate when it comes to paper.

This is fantastic, thanks Andy! I've only used Blots, Scribblers and Cult Pens before but have found them all to be excellent. Truer words have never been spoken on the oblique holder situation!!
Andrew

@andrewdh

Offline FrancescaV

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 01:51:16 PM »
This is probably useless but, is there a place where you buy lined black paper? I have looked for pacon notebooks but amazon sell them for a ridiculous £21 + £2.80 p&p - the cheek of it! I'll be honest I'm just too lazy to draw all the lines out!

Instagram

Offline sybillevz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 02:32:40 PM »
If you have a laser printer, you can line them yourself... The black toner shows quite well on black paper  ;)