Author Topic: All giddy about Younghae's upcoming class on Monday ~ Spencerian Strokes!  (Read 122 times)

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
Here I go again.  Know what, I ain't apologizing.  I still love calligraphy.

Yes, I am impatient (let's say I 'was").  Well, I'm getting back in the saddle and I figured what better place to come for validation vs judgment.

I am not old (a seenya sitizen) and I learned I was impatient with myself and the process.  SO, I come to SS armed with that knowledge and wanting to wield a new-found, self-imposed patience (that's my self talk and I'm sticking to it).

I lined up all needed supplies from my stash and looked at it all so proudly.  I have a dinky thingy with dried Sumi.  You should have seen me proudly cleaning it out last night, LOL.

Yeah, so I am ready and I am back to read and stay in the zone here.

So glad you all are still here.

Cheers,

L
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
… I am impatient (let's say I 'was").  Well, I'm getting back in the saddle and I figured what better place to come for validation vs judgment…

Oh, you’ve got a lot of validation from me, dear soul!  Though now an official senior citizen, there is an internal part of me I call “I Want It Now” that has tormented me from youth. “It” has usually meant musical, calligraphic or any other creative skill.  And it has often caused needless frustration or giving up. No judgment here!

Several years ago I read Carol Dweck’s most excellent book, “Mindset:  The New Psychology of Success” to which I attribute having stuck with learning and practicing Spencerian script now for three and a half years. Don’t misunderstand me, I don’t “have it” yet, but the old me would’ve given up after a month.

Wishing you joys and inspiration with your upcoming classes! 

Foment Compassion, Practice Peace

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
… I am impatient (let's say I 'was").  Well, I'm getting back in the saddle and I figured what better place to come for validation vs judgment…

Oh, you’ve got a lot of validation from me, dear soul!  Though now an official senior citizen, there is an internal part of me I call “I Want It Now” that has tormented me from youth. “It” has usually meant musical, calligraphic or any other creative skill.  And it has often caused needless frustration or giving up. No judgment here!

Several years ago I read Carol Dweck’s most excellent book, “Mindset:  The New Psychology of Success” to which I attribute having stuck with learning and practicing Spencerian script now for three and a half years. Don’t misunderstand me, I don’t “have it” yet, but the old me would’ve given up after a month.

Wishing you joys and inspiration with your upcoming classes!

Love, love it.  Everything you have stated.  Gonna snap the photo for my journal(s).  [One of the reasons I wanted to learn some type of calligraphy.   To have beautiful writing in my journal(s)].  Looks also like I need to read that book.

You're a gem, Zivio, rock on!  Or rather, Write on!    ;D

Me on insta @avintageeclectic ;(hint-hint)
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Love the enthusiasm and you will not be disappointed! Younghae is an excellent teacher and I have taken a class from her before. Wonderful! You will definitely be inspired.

And I will also have to read that book! Thanks for the recommendation!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram