General Categories > Flourishing

A Christmas Themed Flourish.

(1/3) > >>

RoughDiamond:
This was done on Lasercol 80gsm smooth black paper using Dr. Ph, Martin's BP white and a selection of gouache colours. The nib was a hunt 22B.

AnasaziWrites:
If I may join you in this theme.
Something I did for my Christmas envelopes two years ago. I'm working on this year's just now.
Gillott 604 ef, Strathmore Bristol smooth 100lb, McCaffery's Penman's black ink.

Erica McPhee:
It’s fills me with joy to see modern day penmen carrying on the tradition of the masters.  :-*

RoughDiamond:
@AnasaziWrites ...yes of course please do join in. I'm keen to look at and examine fine pieces and I really like your piece. That is now in my study folder :)

@Erica McPhee I'm glad we all spread a little bit of joy here in addition to study material. As far as the subject of study is concerned (and I can only speak for myself of course) I think all of these disciplines are like music and learning music. When I really look into the pieces produced by the American and English writing masters, the actual individual components seem to be simple shapes. They repeat over and over again but in a cohesive way which gives that "Balance and Harmony" that Lupfer so often referred to. Even when we look at complex flourishes, the individual elements are simple......it is putting them together properly which I find very challenging. In addition I think I try to get too much in there and I must learn that "Less is More" in some respects.

With my analogy of music, the fundamentals are simple, you know there are individual notes, scales etc. which build to some of the most beautiful pieces that the human ear can appreciate.

I sometimes think I am trying to execute "The Flight Of The Bumblebee" while my talent level is more "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" I'm sure you know what I mean :)

tiffany.c.a:

--- Quote from: RoughDiamond on December 02, 2022, 01:34:51 PM ---
I sometimes think I am trying to execute "The Flight Of The Bumblebee" while my talent level is more "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" I'm sure you know what I mean :)

--- End quote ---

I certainly know what you mean!
Lovely Christmas piece you posted above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version