Author Topic: Hello from Northern VA / DC Metro!  (Read 1076 times)

Offline michelle

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Hey Love Designs
Hello from Northern VA / DC Metro!
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »
Hi All! I'm Michelle and I hail from Fairfax, VA. By day I'm an office drone so I am always trying to stay creative however possible. I teach pole fitness on the side and also run Hey Love Designs. I design print goods but have been focusing more on doing DIY on my blog and of course, calligraphy!

I have long admired the styles of modern calligraphy and have just recently discovered the huge community around it. I'm still working on discovering my own style and playing with different tools. I look forward to connecting with you all! I basically live on my blog, twitter, and IG. I can't live without my crazy dog and naps.

Michelle
michelle

www.heylovedesigns.com
twitter.com/heylovedesigns

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Northern VA / DC Metro!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »
hi Michelle!

Welcome to the forum! So happy you discovered us! Isn't it amazing how much is going on with calligraphy right now? I am an Instagram newbie and Twitter wannabe so I was blown away when I found out what I had been missing!  :D

We have just started out here on the forum, too, but we already are full up of amazing and kind calligraphy lovers.

I checked out your blog -- LOVE it! I can't wait to spend more time reading it!

Again, welcome - and I look forward to seeing your lovely work on the forum!  :D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Linda Y.

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligra-ninja
    • View Profile
    • my instagram
Re: Hello from Northern VA / DC Metro!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »
Nice meeting you michelle! Love your blog, you have such a great sense of style! Looking forward to seeing more of your calligraphy here!

Best,
Linda