General Categories > Calligraphy Book Reviews

Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy: A Step-by-Step Manual by Eleanor Winters

(1/8) > >>

Bri:
Has Anyone utilized this book? I'm new to calligraphy and my goal is to master copperplate first, and then branch out to other letterforms. If anyone knows if this book is a good investment let me know.

[Click on the picture to see on Amazon.]

Erica McPhee:
Hi Bri,
This is the book recommended in the tutorials and on the Flourish home page. It is one of the best books to begin learning copperplate as it literally goes step by step for each letter. The style is very traditional.

You may want to review these posts and check out the first tutorial as it talks a little about the book: Where Do I Go First?

Glad you asked as I didn't realize it wasn't posted yet!

Sandeeee:
I just got hold of that book and it's definitely great for beginners!

Loren Chestnut:
I just recently purchased that book about a month ago and I absolutely love it! It definitely takes you back to the basics and is very thorough!

Inked botanicals:
I have it! It is really great for begginers! It does not tell just how to do each letter, it also has the most common errors and a "how-not-to" do each letter as well. It has many variations of both minuscules and majuscules. I use it a lot when practicing and compare my letterforms with the exemplars (both the good and the bad ones). I think it is really useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version