Author Topic: Looking for penpals - 2015  (Read 8165 times)

Offline KateMothers

• Freshman Member
  • Beginner
    • View Profile
Looking for penpals - 2015
« on: January 14, 2015, 05:14:12 PM »
I'm new to calligraphy and am interested in mail art too. I love writing and receiving letters, but don't know anyone else into calligraphy. Need someone to practice on, lol, and share trials and tribulations with who might understand. As well as learning about where others live.  :)

I'm Kate, 47, married to a british gentleman and mother of 3 sons. I live in the middle of nowhere, almost literally. I live in Nebraska, about 40 miles north of the geographic center of the continental United States (which is quite literally a spot in the middle of a cornfield in Kansas, just south of their northern border). I'm the entire office staff of our home trucking business. My husband is the trucker. My eldest son graduates highschool this year and just made Eagle Scout with Boy Scouts of America. I've also got a Life Scout and a 2nd year Webelo cub scout working towards his Arrow of Light before moving up to the Boy Scouts. So I'm active in helping them. My other hobbies are reading (I own over 6k dead-tree books in my house) and cross stitching.

I'll accept penpals both within the US or internationally.  :)

Offline Afreen Gaffar

• View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Looking for penpals - 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 06:57:41 PM »
I'm new to calligraphy and am interested in mail art too. I love writing and receiving letters, but don't know anyone else into calligraphy. Need someone to practice on, lol, and share trials and tribulations with who might understand. As well as learning about where others live.  :)

I'm Kate, 47, married to a british gentleman and mother of 3 sons. I live in the middle of nowhere, almost literally. I live in Nebraska, about 40 miles north of the geographic center of the continental United States (which is quite literally a spot in the middle of a cornfield in Kansas, just south of their northern border). I'm the entire office staff of our home trucking business. My husband is the trucker. My eldest son graduates highschool this year and just made Eagle Scout with Boy Scouts of America. I've also got a Life Scout and a 2nd year Webelo cub scout working towards his Arrow of Light before moving up to the Boy Scouts. So I'm active in helping them. My other hobbies are reading (I own over 6k dead-tree books in my house) and cross stitching.

I'll accept pen-pals both within the US or internationally.  :)

I would love to be your penpal! We are both sailing in the same boat :)

My name is Afreen. I am originally from India and moved to US about 6 years ago. My husband and I are IT consultants (Business Analysts), hence we move to a different state almost every year :) We moved to Irvine ,California in November and loving it so far! We hope to stay in CA for longer than a year. I have a taken a break from work, hence I'm home most of the time with our little 7 month old Persian kitten Rumi, who we also call "Fluffy".

I have always been interested in art as a kid. After completing undergrad and Masters, I am finally able to take out sometime for art. Apart from English Calligraphy I am also an Islamic arts student. I am learning Arabic Calligraphy, Islamic Geometric patterns, Illumination and Arabesque. My other hobbies are photography, exploring new places and reading.
Budding Calligrapher,Artist, Engineer, Adventurer... and a bunch of other stuff :-)

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/afreengaffar/

Offline KateMothers

• Freshman Member
  • Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 10:49:53 PM »
Nice to meet you. I'll send you a private message to exchange addresses.

Offline Estrella

• Estrella
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:43:41 AM »

My name is Afreen. I am originally from India and moved to US about 6 years ago. My husband and I are IT consultants (Business Analysts), hence we move to a different state almost every year :) We moved to Irvine ,California in November and loving it so far! We hope to stay in CA for longer than a year. I have a taken a break from work, hence I'm home most of the time with our little 7 month old Persian kitten Rumi, who we also call "Fluffy".

I have always been interested in art as a kid. After completing undergrad and Masters, I am finally able to take out sometime for art. Apart from English Calligraphy I am also an Islamic arts student. I am learning Arabic Calligraphy, Islamic Geometric patterns, Illumination and Arabesque. My other hobbies are photography, exploring new places and reading.

I'm a Calligraphy newbie in the USA as well; also interested in being a pen-pal!!
I'm in Bakersfield, CA!!

Offline Afreen Gaffar

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »

I'm a Calligraphy newbie in the USA as well; also interested in being a pen-pal!!
I'm in Bakersfield, CA!!

Hi Estrella,

Thats awesome! :D Please send us a PM/Email with your address  and we'll do the same :)

Regards,
Afreen.
Budding Calligrapher,Artist, Engineer, Adventurer... and a bunch of other stuff :-)

Offline Estrella

• Estrella
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 02:16:22 PM »
Nice to meet you. I'll send you a private message to exchange addresses.

I tried sending you a PM but it says your inbox is full  :( :o

Offline Bella

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 10:00:38 PM »

I'm in Bakersfield, CA!!

omg this is fun... Im Nabilah from Malaysia and a struggling newbie too.. i would love to have you guys as my penpals :)

Offline camilleysan

• View Profile
    • My Instagram Page
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 10:14:42 PM »

I'm in the same situation (infact Afreen Gaffar led me to this post :D) I'd love to be pen pals!
I'm a 23 year old student from the philippines :D I'll leave you a PM (once i figure out how to do that haha!)
Instagram: @camilleysan

I'd love to hear your comments and critique on my work! Leave some at "Advice for a Newbie"

Offline camilleysan

• View Profile
    • My Instagram Page
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »
I cant message you...  :'( it says your inbox is full

I'd love to hear your comments and critique on my work! Leave some at "Advice for a Newbie"

Offline Afreen Gaffar

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 02:06:18 AM »
omg this is fun... Im Nabilah from Malaysia and a struggling newbie too.. i would love to have you guys as my penpals :)

Welcome to the forum Nabilah!  :D
I'll PM you my address so that we can connect.

Regards,
Afreen.

Offline Afreen Gaffar

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 02:09:50 AM »
I'm in the same situation (infact Afreen Gaffar led me to this post :D) I'd love to be pen pals!
I'm a 23 year old student from the philippines :D I'll leave you a PM (once i figure out how to do that haha!)

Welcome to the forum! :) I'll PM you my address and you can PM yours too.

Regards,
Afreen.

Offline camilleysan

• View Profile
    • My Instagram Page
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 02:53:39 AM »

Welcome to the forum! :) I'll PM you my address and you can PM yours too.

Regards,
Afreen.

YAY! I've PM-ed you :D

Offline Bella

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 08:34:18 AM »

Welcome to the forum Nabilah!  :D
I'll PM you my address so that we can connect.

Regards,
Afreen.

Actually Afreen im not new to the forum just not active here  ;D btw, i didnt get your msg :(

Offline Afreen Gaffar

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 03:33:07 PM »
Actually Afreen im not new to the forum just not active here  ;D btw, i didnt get your msg :(

I says your inbox is full  :(
"PM could not be sent to 'Bella' as their inbox is full!"

Offline MakeMyPlace

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »
What a lovely idea! :-*