Author Topic: C's Pen Journal  (Read 11144 times)

Offline jeanwilson

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Pushing the Envelopes
Re: C's Pen Journal
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 06:44:49 AM »
there's nothing wrong with leaving the lines in as a design element.
i have heard (although this may be a rumor) that back in the day of handwritten (manuscript) books - if you wanted the scribes to write on straight lines, you had to pay extra for the time it took to line the pages - so of course you wanted the lines to be left in. there is usually a vertical line on both the right and left - to create an even margin. i love the look of fine lines (with the margin lines) on both envelopes and broadsides.

Offline cameraflier

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 01:34:22 PM »
Howdy,

I've been off FF for a while, but I'm still writing.  Here are a few recent attempts for your kind critique.

Happy inky day,
-c

Offline cameraflier

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »
Not a particularly good scan, or penmanship, but I like the quote.  It's from Ronald Regan, written to his son on his wedding day.

Offline cameraflier

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 12:47:39 PM »
Still at it.

I tried two holiday postmarks this year. It's my first time.  One worked, and one was lost somewhere.  The success is below. 

I feel like I'm making progress.  Like I'm slowly developing some consistent rhythm and angle.  Persistence counts. (the walnut did bleed on the envelope a bit)

I got the Michael Sull book for Christmas.  I've not started yet, but I'm excited to tackle doing some drills. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:49:31 PM by cameraflier »

Offline brd4790

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »
This is really nice. The blue stamp and the walnut ink really compliment each other. It looks like the wind is blowing snow off the flower :)... did you send it to the post master in snowflake AZ for that special cancel? What thoughtful stamp placement.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:58:08 PM by brd4790 »
Kindest Regards,
Brad

Offline cameraflier

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2017, 10:55:48 AM »
Still at it.  ....  I lately changed the angle of my paper on the table.  That seems to have made a big difference to my spacing.  Marginal gains are adding up, slowly.

Some are a little off-topic. Not exactly calligraphy, but posting anyway, just for fun.

Happy Monday!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:58:29 AM by cameraflier »

Offline cameraflier

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2020, 10:08:26 AM »
Still here, still doodling, still writing love letters from hotel rooms around the globe. 

I need a new "A".  Gotta find some exemplars...

Happy inky day.