Author Topic: teaching child tips .  (Read 379 times)

Offline Miranda_J

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
teaching child tips .
« on: May 04, 2022, 01:44:46 AM »
Hello everyone,

this is my first post in the forum, I am trying to teach my year one child to learn cursive writing, I don't know where to start, the school's template letter doesn't look as nice as I expected it..

I have try to find beautiful writing font to start with, I am looking for tracing sheet, the font i like to Meghan Markel's handwriting, anyone knows the name of the font? and where can I find tracing sheet of this type of font ?

any advise is appreciated

thanks

Miranda

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: teaching child tips .
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 09:56:12 AM »
Welcome!
When I was homeschooling two of my kids, I also was disappointed in what was available for cursive writing instruction and tracing. I found this one:
Click on her link for “Cursive Writing Worksheets” in the first paragraph. This style seems similar to Meghan’s traditional handwriting. Her “calligraphy” writing adds a sort of flourish to the tops of ascenders on letters like d and h.

We also liked this one, because you can
Create your own worksheets.

Eventually, we did Michael Sull’s American Cursive Handwriting but that was after they had developed some skill (and were much older).

Hope that helps! Good luck!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Miranda_J

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 04:34:28 PM »
Thanks , It is quite useful to start up .

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 01:17:26 PM »
Great! Also, I found this gem yesterday. Schin Loong has done a YouTube video on how to write like Meghan Markel’s cursive. It’s for adults but it may help you find the nuances to assist in teaching.

Schin also has a fabulous Write Cursive with Me series for adults on YouTube.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram