Author Topic: ~:: Hello ::~  (Read 643 times)

Offline glennsmithart

• View Profile
~:: Hello ::~
« on: September 28, 2021, 07:36:00 PM »
Hello members, My name is Glenn, thanks for accepting my request Erica.

Living in Australia, Central Victoria. I owned a Stained-glass studio many years ago 90's, which required me to work on all types of windows including church pieces.
I was popular with clients who were wanting  memorial style windows which included some type of script either etched into the glass or painted on then fired.
I studied with an artist  well versed in stained-glass painting, using silver stain and ink ~ Mainly Gothic styles. The business was sold in 2000.

Fast forward a life time -Last November 2020 I was diagnosed with eye cancer and had the eye removed.
My first trade and love is welding & fabrication, cars bikes, aircraft ect I was very active up until the diagnosis.
This situation has forced me to completely rethink the future & thanks to my neighbor and friend ( Professional Scribe & graphic artist, I have found my way back to calligraphy.

I find Calligraphy beautifully absorbing & challenging, a little more so now with one eye however, I feel  i'm making great basic progress .
I would like to Thank Glo for bringing the site to my attention .

Thank you all , take care Glenn ;)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: ~:: Hello ::~
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 05:51:57 PM »
Hi Glenn,
What a fascinating journey. I love stained glass. I am hoping to get some for our square windows but no color, just the beveled diamond tutor style. I suppose that isn’t really stained though.  :D

I am so very sorry to hear about your eye cancer and eye removal. Hopefully all was addressed with the removal.

Great to know you are making good progress with your study and practice of calligraphy! Let us know if you have any questions or need something in particular and perhaps we can make suggestions.

Welcome to Flourish! And yes, thank you to Glo! The more the merrier!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile