Author Topic: Hello from Miami, FL  (Read 1297 times)

Offline anamer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello from Miami, FL
« on: February 03, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
Hi! My name is Ana, I have been in love with Calligraphy and lettering since I was a little girl (and that was a long time ago).  I belong to the South Florida Calligraphy Guild and two years ago plunged into doing some envelopes, menus, and table numbers for profit.  Always tryiing to improve, every day. I also belong to IAMPETH and any chance I have I take workshops.  Looking forward to sharing with all of you and learning more!

Offline Roseann

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Miami, FL
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 12:56:01 AM »
Welcome Ana!

Love,
Roseann
Roseann

“The world is so full of a number of things, I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.”   R. L. Stevenson

Offline ErikH

• View Profile
    • All my web stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 02:42:28 AM »
Welcome!

This sounds like a lot of beautiful work is going to be added to the forum :)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »
Welcome Ana, Fellow Floridian!

Do you ever travel to the Scribes of Central Florida (Orlando) for workshops? Does your guild host many workshops? I've always wanted to come to Miami and it would be a great excuse to take a workshop there! I am a member with Central Florida and with Coastal Calligraphers Guild in Sarasota. We have had some great workshops but sadly don't have one this year.

I'm happy you found us. I look forward to seeing your work!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline anamer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 05:32:59 PM »
Welcome Ana, Fellow Floridian!

Do you ever travel to the Scribes of Central Florida (Orlando) for workshops? Does your guild host many workshops? I've always wanted to come to Miami and it would be a great excuse to take a workshop there! I am a member with Central Florida and with Coastal Calligraphers Guild in Sarasota. We have had some great workshops but sadly don't have one this year.

I'm happy you found us. I look forward to seeing your work!  :)

Hi Erica:

Sorry I have been so busy have not been able to be back in the forum since I introduced myself.  This year we are having Charles Pearce coming to Miami, will be the first week of May.  We try to have two workshops a year, not sure if that will be the case this year. 
I am  happy I found you guys! 

Question, where can I see the videos for the tutorials, trying to find my way around here.

Thanks and great to meet you, I love Sarasota!
Ana

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 08:10:13 PM »
Hi Ana,
Welcome back! Oh bummer! I am going to Timothy Botts that weekend in Orlando.

The tutorials are in the Pointed Pen Nirvana board which is at the bottom of the home page under Tutorials between the Digital Design and Pointed Pen Tutorial sections. You can only see it when you are logged in.  :)

Enjoy the tutorials!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram