Author Topic: Gold Ink Problems  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Ink Problems
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 11:14:17 PM »
I still don't get everybody's love for PH Martin gold but I get everyone's love on finetec and pearl ex. OMG. I want to bathe in finetec water and sleep on a mountain pile of pearl ex

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »
I still don't get everybody's love for PH Martin gold but I get everyone's love on finetec and pearl ex. OMG. I want to bathe in finetec water and sleep on a mountain pile of pearl ex
thanks to nickki h. i just tried some Pearl Ex pigment in Super Bronze today.  it's more like gold than bronze.  and OH MY GAWD! i might like it better than the dr. martin copperplate gold.  i just did a side by side and am waiting for full drying to decide...

Offline Nickkih

• Be Brave
    • View Profile
    • Amore Paper and Ink
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 11:43:10 PM »

I'm right there with you Faeleia 😍
Mom, Grandma, and Calligrapher

Offline Nickkih

• Be Brave
    • View Profile
    • Amore Paper and Ink
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 12:10:32 AM »
thanks to nickki h. i just tried some Pearl Ex pigment in Super Bronze today.  it's more like gold than bronze.  and OH MY GAWD! i might like it better than the dr. martin copperplate gold.  i just did a side by side and am waiting for full drying to decide...

I'm so anxious to see which one you like better. I find that pearl ex doesn't need to be continually stirred like copperplate gold. But can't wait to hear your thoughts Joi
Mom, Grandma, and Calligrapher

Offline elsa.d

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 08:23:32 AM »
That's so funny Nickki, my copperplate gold rarely needs stirring, but pearl-ex requires it near constantly!

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 08:40:15 AM »
ok, the top is Super Bronze Pearl Ex, the bottom is Dr. Ph Martin Copperplate Gold, both drawn with a Hiro 41 nib.  It's really hard to beat the shimmer from Pearl Ex, it catches the light so beautifully.  it's a toss up for me, but i do like the finer hairline i get from the Pearl Ex.  and the gold saga continues...happily of course!