General Categories > Contemporary and Modern Calligraphy

Bounce Scripts- Help!

(1/3) > >>

Elizgadus59:
Hi, I have a question. I've been a calligrapher for over 30 years .... Now there are styles ( fonts ) that look one point above scribble, What's up with this... ok Creativity... whatever.... ANYWHO, Im wondering if there is a good resource or persons who can help me through my dilemma of learning this new form of , gag, choke, .... calligraphy. It is a very popular text among the young brides of today.

The thing I think is my problem is that Ive been writing in historical styles for so long, I can't loosen up....  Sending along a couple of examples of my Bounce font ( or interpretation there of...) Would really love to embrace the style...

thanks in advance,
Creatively, Elizabeth

karielizabethdesign:
Elizabeth,

I'm not sure if you have ever heard of The Postman's Knock, but that is a GREAT website (which I learned calligraphy from) that have a lot of resources for "modern" calligraphy.  Lindsey, the creator of the blog, provides a lot of great tips for anyone from beginners to more advanced calligraphers.  Definitely check it out!  Hope that helps :)

Elizgadus59:
Thanks for the tip I will definitely check it out!
Eliz.

AndyT:

--- Quote from: Elizgadus59 on March 29, 2017, 08:46:44 PM ---Im wondering if there is a good resource or persons who can help me through my dilemma of learning this new form of , gag, choke, .... calligraphy.

--- End quote ---

Wonderful!   ;D

Anyway ... as usual @schin can probably help, with the video below.  What's good about this is that she's discussing approaches to adding "bounce" rather than offering up something to copy.  You've obviously put in the groundwork with (ahem) proper calligraphy - to my way of thinking that gives you every right to fold, spindle and mutilate it as you see fit, but you could probably do with some encouragement.

Well, have fun, and please do let us see the results.

Erica McPhee:
Bouncing takes a bit of practice (like everything else we do). But once you develop a rhythm, it gets easier. While I don't explain in detail how to bounce, you may find some tips in these tutorials.

Contemporary/Modern Calligraphy How To

Modern Calligraphy Exemplar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version