Author Topic: Quiet  (Read 4486 times)

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
Re: Quiet
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 04:58:16 PM »

That's seriously busy. Take extra care in packing your calligraphy supplies, especially those nibs, which are easy to lose. In fact, If you want, I can print up some return address cards with my address on them to be inserted in the boxes in case any box goes astray.

Good idea!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Watch out Erica it's a trick! Mike just wants to steal stuff from you. He's so sneaky. You better send them to me, for safekeeping.
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 05:52:41 PM »
Ah, Schin: the very person.  I was idly wondering whether you might have seen this, since it's in your neck of the woods?

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 06:27:16 PM »
Ah, Schin: the very person.  I was idly wondering whether you might have seen this, since it's in your neck of the woods?

Oooh, I wanna go to there!

And don't be silly, you all know it's MUCH safer to send calligraphy supplies to Australia than it is to send them to the US. I mean, we're so empty and open, what could go wrong? Erica don't let them talk you into sending anything domestically, it's just not safe. ;)

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 07:10:51 PM »

Whoa.. interesting! It's a little aways from me (I'm at Henderson) but it may be worth taking a hiking trip that way and have a look! Thanks!

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 07:21:22 PM »
Looks worth a detour, doesn't it?  :)

Offline reneewrites

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 05:19:09 AM »
sounds so fun to have different seasons (& especially different outfits for the different seasons!). here in Singapore it's the same 2 - SUN & RAIN. we don't get much excitement here. i've never experienced winter weather but i doubt i will ever - i can't stand the cold. i will fall sick easily. nothing beats hot/warm weather & my body agrees  8)

it's a Thursday & now's 5.22pm in the afternoon.. i'm ending work soon, sleepy, tired. been work, Work, WORKING all day for the past few weeks!! plus brainstorming ideas for my soon-to-be wedding LOL

i need a holiday. any good recommendations for about 5-7days trip? let's try to keep the budget low.. HAHA! :o ;D
renee
graphic designer. illustrator. calligraphist.
instagram | facebook

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 10:47:56 AM »
It certainly does warrant a detour--around it, out of sight of it. Garrish, unnatural, obnoxious, screaming for attention amid nature's majestic, quiet, subtle beauty. Perhaps this discordant "art" was the artist's attempt to show the difference between nature's beauty and man's feeble (most times) attempt to create beauty or how we despoil nature frequently, I don't know.  I'd drive an extra 20 miles just not to see this assault on the eyes.

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 11:03:45 AM »
Garrish, unnatural, obnoxious, screaming for attention amid nature's majestic, quiet, subtle beauty ...

If it's any consolation, it's a pretty safe bet that the mountains will outlast it.

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 01:45:22 PM »
Garrish, unnatural, obnoxious, screaming for attention amid nature's majestic, quiet, subtle beauty. Perhaps this discordant "art" was the artist's attempt to show the difference between nature's beauty and man's feeble (most times) attempt to create beauty or how we despoil nature frequently, I don't know.  I'd drive an extra 20 miles just not to see this assault on the eyes.

Yep that sounds like the entire city of las vegas.... so I'd say this sculpture fits right in with the aesthetic here lol..

Offline Ken Fraser

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »
It certainly does warrant a detour--around it, out of sight of it. Garrish, unnatural, obnoxious, screaming for attention amid nature's majestic, quiet, subtle beauty. Perhaps this discordant "art" was the artist's attempt to show the difference between nature's beauty and man's feeble (most times) attempt to create beauty or how we despoil nature frequently, I don't know.  I'd drive an extra 20 miles just not to see this assault on the eyes.

+1