General Categories > Open Flourish | General Discussion

Merry Christmas Greeting!

(1/1)

Erica McPhee:
I hope all those who celebrate had a wonderful, Merry Christmas today! In between wrappings and chores last night, I did this piece for today.

ewigginton:
Erica, did you just scan that piece and post it or work some magic first in PS? As you are vowing to learn Ai this year, I vow to learn PS.

Erica McPhee:
Hello!

This was scanned, then a threshold adjustment was done, then each line was made it's own layer, a colored background was added, and then the lettering was changed to white. I didn't have to do any adjustment with the lettering but I did space the lines a little better. Took about 2 hours until I was happy with the lettering and then about 10 minutes to do the PS layout, etc.

Of course, this was version 30 something! I have a little compulsion where I will just continue doing it until I get it right. Even looking at this, there are some letters I would like to do over. But I didn't have the time to continue fussing on it.

ewigginton:
This sounds foreign to me. I need to get on that Photoshop train so I can speak the language!

Erica McPhee:
It is basically the steps I went through in the Preparing Calligraphy for Printing tutorial (which has now been read 414 times!! WOW).  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version