General Categories > Open Flourish | General Discussion

Stamps and Letters

(1/2) > >>

AnasaziWrites:
A friend pointed me to this article about using vintage stamps to decorate hand-written letters/envelopes, which I have done for years, particularly in the exchanges, matching the color envelopes or theme of the exchange. I've also received a few. Anyone else do this currently?

https://www.theglampad.com/2022/04/letter-writing-and-the-changing-face-of-stamp-collecting.html

Erica McPhee:
Wow - what a FANTASTIC article! Thank you so much for sharing. I have purchased some and used a couple of times but I always forget. The one in the article are like an art form all on its own.  ;D

Zivio:
I'm inspired!!  Thanks for sharing this interesting link!

Starlee:
I love this idea so much and have some special stamps myself.....but I don't like parting with them! They typically cost more than their face value (unless you bought them a long time ago)...That adds up so I only use them for extra special notes.

Ashley K:
This article is great, Anasazi, thank you for sharing! I have quite a few old stamps and they're fun to use for handwritten envelopes, but I struggle with picking and arranging them in a way that looks cohesive. Definitely going to take a few pointers from here.  ;D

Some of the examples the author shows also use rubber stamps really creatively! Maybe I should dust off my old rubber stamp collection...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version