Author Topic: Supply drive for the Philippines  (Read 8629 times)

Offline elsa.d

• View Profile
Re: Supply drive for the Philippines
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2014, 02:25:45 PM »
elsa - you slide a nib in between the cells. depending on the size of the nib, sometimes i will use a screwdriver or similar to widen the cells a bit. 

also as an update to all - i think i have received all the parcels from you guys!  thanks soooo much!  some of you send funds for postage/supplies so i am going to shop on PIA today.  parcel to Gail should be in the mail by the end of this week or early next week!  you guys have been sooooo generous many many thanks to you all!!!
happy sunday,
xo,
joi

Thanks joi!

Offline gfrosen

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2014, 02:35:22 AM »
Hi everyone!

I am so happy to see a supply drive for the Philippines! I remember how crazy expensive tax and shipping was to the Philippines when I was living there. I am going back to visit Manila in October, and if anyone wants to order things from PIA, I may be able to help. I can have supplies shipped to my address, and I can take them home with me to Manila. We will just have to work out a schedule of how to meet and so on  :)

I'll buy some things myself and bring them home to donate as well

Oh, and since it looks like nibs are the hardest to find in Manila, then there would be no problem for me to carry a few dozen nibs in my luggage. Inks might be a problem though.

But going forward your right let's stay positive and move forward and be happy

Agreed, sometimes when I speak my mind it's a little rough around the edges, but no harm intended, truly.

(Just ask my wife when I give honest answers to the "How do these jeans make my butt look?" question)  :o :o <---my face as she smacks me, lol

I'm stubborn and opinionated, but I learned long ago to be honest, even when it may hurt a little.

My husband and I have learned to meet in the middle with this jeans question. Instead of me asking him @how do these jeans make my butt look?", I give him options instead: "Does my butt look better in this pair, or this pair". That usually works  ;D Thankfully, he hasn't been crazy enough to reply with "neither"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:48:08 AM by gfrosen »
Instagram - @gfrosen

Offline Cecilia

• show love, share with love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 07:06:25 AM »
I'm so sorry I joined the Forum too late for this beautiful supply!
If any is planned in the future, please count me in!
I can arrange some bee-you-tiful Fabriano paper fly to these gentle Ladies  ;D

Speaking about Fabriano paper, I was checking a link Erica posted in a thread I was reading a couple of days ago: europeanpaper.com.
Guess many of our US based Ladies happened to buy from them.
I haven't checked in detail, but at first prices looked like more than double the prices I can find here in Italy (obvious...sorry).

I just discovered a whole sale of Fabriano, they have only two formats available for cards+envelopes plus one "album" which should be the folded card if I got it right (not sure though, the pictures didn't show it well).

I don't want to increase someone's hoarding, sorry, but I have to write this!
As I wish to buy some for myself and will be purchasing from them (at least try to) in the next weeks, I volunteer to divide the 100 pieces packages with those of you who are interested in getting some to try!

Here are the formats available:
Single card Fabriano Medievalis 3.35in x 5.19in => pack of 100pcs => $9.90
Envelope Fabriano Medievalis 3.54in x 5.51in => pack of 100pcs =>$16.60
Single card Fabriano Medievalis 4.52in x 6.69in => pack of 100pcs =>$13.30
Envelope Fabriano Medievalis 4.72in x 7.08in => pack of 100pcs => $16.60
"Album" card {should be the folded card, not sure} 4.72in x 7.08in => pack of 100pcs => $24.20

Prices include Italian taxes. Shipment not included.

Of course I can't ship complete packages... custom officers may suspect something ahahahah
But I guess 10 or 15 pieces each shipment with a beautiful address on the outer envelope should work.

I know it's not much, sorry about this!

Anyone interested?
 :-*
Cecilia
My IG :: My FB Page

Offline Linda Y.

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligra-ninja
    • View Profile
    • my instagram
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:47 AM »
I used Fabriano paper for my wedding invitations and thank you cards many years ago - they were letterpressed and oh-so-beautiful and luscious!!

I liked them so much I bought a lot... and still have 2 boxes left ;D

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2014, 03:28:25 PM »
I also know it – it's gorgeous … I just stocked up a bit with crown mill paper, but thanks for your offer!
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2014, 06:15:56 AM »
i am THRILLED to let you all know that our package has been received by Gail finally!  looks like everything made it in good condition!  i will post more updates as i receive them. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2014, 02:31:24 PM »
Oh, Joi, I am so glad!  I hope that they enjoy the goodies that you were so kind to send! 

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 02:23:38 PM »
check this out!!!
thanks everyone!!!

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 06:05:28 PM »
Joi, I hope Grumpy sees the proof!!!  Way to go, girl!