Author Topic: Day 11 - 2022: EAGLE  (Read 703 times)

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
Day 11 - 2022: EAGLE
« on: October 11, 2022, 12:59:34 AM »
On Day 9 @AnasaziWrites led the way with the wonderful picture of the nest in the tea olive from his backyard ... I had hoped to share our backyard Baldies Eddie and Edwina, but without the right equipment, they are difficult to capture. Instead, here's one I snapped when out on a bike ride.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 01:01:37 AM by Zivio »
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
Re: Day 11 - 2022: EAGLE
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 06:18:19 AM »
Love the eagle names.
Nicely written, including that connection from “E” to “a”.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 09:41:07 AM »
@Zivio - great capture! And I also like your connecting stroke between the E and a.  :)

Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 01:11:56 PM »
Dr. Ph. Martin's Iridescent Copperplate Gold
Esterbrook Drawlet #4

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 05:48:21 PM »
As always, lovely entries friends!
@Zivio  I want to go to the ocean now.
@Erica McPhee lovely, and I really liked the historical flourish on Crabby yesterday, so beautiful...
@AnasaziWrites I love this!

As for me I've been practicing my upper loops over and and over, and I don't get them consistently thin yet, and failed practically all my eagles except the green one. But I got it about like I want it on the other picture, and I learned a new capital N :)

Also, big breakthrough, I've been copying text in copperplate script and yesterday, whole arm movement randomly started happening. Champagne! I guess doing longer text stops me from trying too hard on every single letter.

Have a great rest of October 11th everyone, and see you tomorrow :)
Oh crêpe!

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 08:28:18 PM »
Lucie Y, congratulations on your breakthrough!

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 10:32:09 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind words about my drawings, @tiffany.c.a and @Lucie Y (and congratulations on your whole-arm movement breakthrough!)

@Erica McPhee - You are always so kind and supportive about my drawings, which is especially meaningful coming from such an accomplished watercolor artist as yourself.  I've looked into greeting card gigs in the past, and they really don't pay great.  I have sold some drawings to people for the purpose of making cards from them though, and that's a much better return; it's mostly corporate clients that want something very specific.  And I make semi-bespoke greeting cards, which I bang out on demand at hockey tournaments - the hockey dads line up to buy and bank the tournament special: on the outside, you get a flower in your wife's favorite color + "I'm Sorry. I F'ed Up"; inside you get a message saying "dearest [wife's name], You were right; you are always right"; and the envelope with wife's name on the front.  All for the low low cost of $40.  Anyway, maybe I'll do more art & calligraphy gigs once I'm retired.  My university job keeps me plenty busy as it is!

@AnasaziWrites - SHINY!

@Zivio - The great yearly migration is in full swing here on the North Shore of Lake Superior.  Raptors above the ridge, songbirds below.  I saw a golden eagle the other day, a couple of ospreys, a red tailed hawk, and a kettle of bald eagles.  But I went with a drawing of something a little more exotic; I've always wanted to see one of them in the wild.

Offline Zivio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 11:24:31 PM »

..... on the outside, you get a flower in your wife's favorite color + "I'm Sorry. I F'ed Up"; inside you get a message saying "dearest [wife's name], You were right; you are always right"; and the envelope with wife's name on the front.  All for the low low cost of $40.  Anyway, maybe I'll do more art & calligraphy gigs once I'm retired.  My university job keeps me plenty busy as it is!

... The great yearly migration is in full swing here on the North Shore of Lake Superior.  Raptors above the ridge, songbirds below.  I saw a golden eagle the other day, a couple of ospreys, a red tailed hawk, and a kettle of bald eagles.  But I went with a drawing of something a little more exotic; I've always wanted to see one of them in the wild ...

"Tournament Special":  hilarious!  Low price indeed for that kind of marital counseling!

"Migration":  Wow, so much to see! I hear more birds around here than ever I see.  Your Steller's Sea Eagle is glorious - wouldn't mind seeing one, or even a kettling of them some day either.  Lots of Steller's Jays here ... now I need to research who this Stellar, or Stöller is. 

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2022, 06:58:29 AM »
K-2, nice writing! And the artwork is nice too.
I can see how you could put together beautiful cards/stationery and the like.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2022, 09:55:19 AM »
@AnasaziWrites - SHINY!

@K-2
I don't think I've ever seen that bird. Lovely rendition.

Yes shiny. Unlike the previous 10 inktober submissions this year, this is a photo of the finished piece vs. a scan. The scans don't pick up the "shininess" of the gold ink, but a photo does.

For those not familiar with early US gold coins, the ten dollar gold piece was known as an "eagle," the $20 as a "double eagle." Wouldn't mind having a few of those tucked away.

I'm posting a couple of photos I took a couple of weeks ago on the Missouri River in Montana just for your enjoyment. I almost used the immense eagle nest for the "Nest" post, but went with the baby birds. So many to choose from.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 10:04:50 AM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Zivio

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2022, 12:48:41 PM »
I'm posting a couple of photos I took a couple of weeks ago on the Missouri River in Montana just for your enjoyment. I almost used the immense eagle nest for the "Nest" post, but went with the baby birds. So many to choose from.

Great pictures - that nest!! A fascination with corvids was my gateway into really noticing birds at all, yet I’m finding the really big birds are a delight. So magnificent in flight, especially the herons who appear (and sound) to me like some prehistoric barges.

Offline InkyFingers

• All creations not equal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2022, 01:42:41 AM »