Author Topic: Day 10 - Fortune  (Read 228 times)

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
Day 10 - Fortune
« on: October 10, 2023, 06:19:43 PM »
Quick catch up session, as I'm preparing for a little workshop (intro to calligraphy) for my cousin and some of his friends. My cousin was my witness at my wedding and helped in many ways. So although I don't feel legitimate at all to host a calligraphy workshop, I owe him one.
Oh crÍpe!

Offline K-2

• View Profile
Re: Day 10 - Fortune
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 12:02:13 AM »
@Lucie Y - best wishes for your workshop! (I'm prepping for one this weekend too). That's a really elegant F in Fortune.

@Mary_M - That's a gorgeous "bounce"!
And thank you for your enthusiasm for mine. I'm considering writing a children's book with a colleague of mine, about doing scientific research on Lake Superior. Nice to know I might have a good aesthetic for it!

I used Diamine's "Spiced Apple" (Inkvent 2022) on this one for the red capital F and also the lettering. The photo doesn't do it justice with regard to the "chameleon" shimmer it lays down. The designs come from tarot cards - the "Rota Fortunae" (Wheel of Fortune) in the middle, with the Fool and the Devil on the stem of the F, and a little Coin on the top bar.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 11:15:06 AM by K-2 »

Offline Mary_M

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 04:40:45 PM »
@Lucie Y and @K-2 - Nice work!

Iíve been trying to learn Spencerian this year and am at the minnow stage. (Does anyone remember that from swimming lessons?) 😂 I learned to play around with decorative borders from watching Heather Held videos.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 08:00:56 PM »
That F is amazing @K-2 ! And @Mary_M Bravo! Beautiful work!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram