Author Topic: Day 17 - 2023 : Demon  (Read 310 times)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Day 17 - 2023 : Demon
« on: October 17, 2023, 04:27:16 PM »
A few of you know this,. Nothing sinister.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 05:12:16 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline K-2

• View Profile
Re: Day 17 - 2023 : Demon
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 10:13:37 PM »
@AnasaziWrites - So glad you're feeling better, Mike! (as you signal in Latin here)
-- did you take that photo? I recognize it from the Basilica of Santa Maria del Popolo in Rome. Part of your 2004 trip to Italy?

@Matthew H. - After all that hand wringing, you show us a glittering angel of perfection! (I'm particularly admiring the "g")

@Mark T - Ohtani playing for the Yankees!? You say this to a Dodgers fan? Pistols at dawn, Sir!
* seriously though, just on batting alone for the '24 season, he'd be worth it; the Dodgers can afford him (even if they'll have to live like church mice after paying the luxury tax), and they'll be GREAT. But also... you're a Yankees fan? I bet you support Arsenal too.  ;)

Here's my "Demon": Another synonym substitution: Imp for Demon, so that I get an I for my alphabet.
* @Lucie Y - I was thinking about you in Paris, so I drew my favorite little gargoyle from Notre Dame.
-- and congratulations, Inktoberists! We've turned to the flip side of the month and are over the hump!

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 10:30:39 PM »
@AnasaziWrites - So glad you're feeling better, Mike! (as you signal in Latin here)
-- did you take that photo? I recognize it from the Basilica of Santa Maria del Popolo in Rome. Part of your 2004 trip to Italy?
Si.

Here's my "Demon": Another synonym substitution: Imp for Demon, so that I get an I for my alphabet.
* @Lucie Y - I was thinking about you in Paris, so I drew my favorite little gargoyle from Notre Dame.

We all have our favorites.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 10:42:55 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Matthew H.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 04:04:09 PM »
I'm embarrassed to say I was in such a flap posting my photo yesterday that I forgot to say how much I liked your pieces based on angel. :-[ I loved your writing and the effect of white ink on that shade of blue, @AnasaziWrites. And @K-2, I only wish I could come up with something as cool as that! I'm excited to (I hope) learn hand lettering at some point.

Thanks for your kind words about yesterday's angel. I have to admit, that g isn't the one I use most often in italic, and in hindsight, I should perhaps have made things a little easier for myself (especially with spacing) by using the standard one!

Back to today. I'm faintly obsessed with Notre-Dame so I had a double reason to say wow when I saw your post!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 04:05:48 PM by Matthew H. »

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 05:11:55 PM »
Hi everyone,
Had to pause for a while as I had to bring stuff home from work and work on it once my toddler was in bed. It was infuriating to not be here.
So much so I just had to enroll in Filip Cislak's course on Fraktur, which I've been eyeing for a while, to calm my nerves. So now I'm enrolled :D

@K2 I just love that little gargoyle!
@Matthew H. I really appreciated that gold Italic Angel. Keep doing that G, it's awesome.
@AnasaziWrites I knew this was in Rome but had to google the meaning, I'm glad you're feeling better :)

Now off to my nibs! See you soon everyone!
Oh crpe!

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 05:37:01 PM »

@K-2
Can I assume you are familiar with Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons?"

Offline Matthew H.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 03:26:48 PM »
Oh, that's really kind of you to say, @Lucie Y thank you.