Author Topic: Another from the UK, Hello :)  (Read 184 times)

Offline Ghostdog

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Another from the UK, Hello :)
« on: January 16, 2024, 05:01:02 AM »
Hello all.

My names Chris – Always loved writing, never had the time. I used to fix planes, now I’m a full time Dad and carer for my mum… which is not as bad as it sound!  I have time for many things I did not before. Erica!  Thanks for putting the time into this forum. It’s a fantastic resource and well kept!

I’m still on the beginning of the curve. I’m doing foundation round hand with broad nibs and dabbling a little with different nibs. I have no commercial aspiration. I just enjoy the art of writing and look forward to learning different styles. I am using Leonardt Broad nibs with some success, with the reservoir in the right place I was pleasantly surprised just how many letters I can manage before the pen needs a dip 😊

Hope I will have something to offer as I learn – There is a technical side to writing that is very much “engineering” – just need to find my artistic streak – if I have one. 😊

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Another from the UK, Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 10:56:39 AM »
Hello Chris!
How wonderful! An opportunity to care for you children, your Mum, and do something you enjoy. Sounds like a dream to me! Foundational hands are such a great way to get started and a nice building block for future styles.

I believe calligraphy is a beautiful combination of that left brain, analytical thinking mixed with an artistic eye. You have one! The more you explore and create, the stronger it becomes.

Welcome to Flourish!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Ghostdog

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another from the UK, Hello :)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 01:32:21 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and the encouragment! :)