Author Topic: A script that feels like home  (Read 10025 times)

ash0kgiri

Re: A script that feels like home
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 07:32:39 AM »
Im so very happy and feel obliged @jeanwilson to give back to this society. Before I joined @Erica McPhee  asked me why I want to join the forum, to which I replied, 'The joy of learning and sharing what you learn is why I want to join Flourish Forum'. So yes Im very much enjoying my learning journey and Im also generously sharing whatever I can, who really needs a bit of push.

Can't thank @SMK enough for his time, effort and patience in giving me those detailed feedback. Without him it would have been a different story. @prasad for sending me the walnut crystals & @Garima for making me feel at home. And everyone on this Forum who have helped me in their own way. THANK YOU ALL. :D

Regards,
Ashok

Offline Garima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 10:14:03 AM »
Glad to see your progress Ashok!! Look forward to see you around as often :) Though I'm guilty of losing touch but will try and get back asap!
Garima Singh
Instagram

Offline Elizgadus59

• I LOVE LETTERS!!!
    • View Profile
    • Elizscriptscalligraphy
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 01:16:07 AM »
Hello Nicholas,

I started out as many people do, mostly kids... with gothic. It was a fun script... big letters, things dangling off, lantern slicing though the letter... But as I got older I played with Italic and I learned to love this font. It is not one I work with every day... but, once a while in public it's kind of fun ot use. Then I graduated to  a thin italic which I love best. But, I also love my swirly twirly Spencerian type fonts.  As for everyday ... ahhhh. Its loose and kind of fun looking, my signature looks like a chicken did it...which I kind of intentionally did so the kids couldn't copy and write notes to get out of school. I don't think Ive written in a real hand for years... I'd have to say its bouncy and fun looking...my actual hand is gone.

Great question! hadn't really thought about it.

Elizabeth!

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 01:32:55 PM »

One final thought - don't be too concerned about exactly which level of skill you will achieve. I am living proof that you can study really hard and then pretty much ignore the traditional styles - and just enjoy penmanship. Because I did not even begin my journey until my early 40s when I had 3 kids - I had to accept that I would never have the time to become a true master penman. But that did not stop me from figuring out what I could accomplish. I have students who have exceeded my skills - and I am proud to say I gave them their start and sent them in the right direction. I'm pretty sure it will be possible for you to achieve everything you desire - in terms of penmanship.

I wonder if Ms. Jean is still around these parts.  I only stumbled upon her today so I have lots of reading to do.  I too want/no NEED to improve my everyday penmanship.  I am in the business of writing to people almost daily.  It would be good if they could read my writing.
Cheerfully,
Lyric