Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 395 times)

Offline caunt

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hi!
« on: April 19, 2022, 12:18:06 PM »
Erica,
Thanks so much for inviting me to join!  This is a such a wonderful resource! 
I started out with dip pens nearly 10 years ago now - got lots of practice in with Spencerian - which I enjoy using at work - but I fall in and out with many creative ventures and it became too much hassle (and risk to work documents) to bring my dip pen and ink to work, so I kind of dropped it and went with flex nib fountain pens.
But back then, I went with spencerian thinking it was the source of all those beautiful hairlines and swirls.  Now I've found copperplate, and realize that was where the beauty inspired me...so I have a lot of work to do. 
I don't know how far I will manage to get.  I ordered a used (half-price) rhodia dot notebook to see what kind of difference the paper would make.  I was a bit chagrined to realize that my eyes are so  bad, I can't see the dots...even with glasses. ( I can with a magnifier so it wasn't a mixup:)  ).  That probably means that my writing will likely never be as beautiful as what I've seen so far...but it can be much better.  :)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 12:33:42 AM »
Hi! Welcome @caunt ! I really enjoy the flex nib fountain pens, too. I think you will really like the Rhodia - it is what I use the most for practice these days!

Try not to worry about comparing. Just enjoy the journey and find the beauty in what you create!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram