Author Topic: Broken "Chic Oblique E-curve" Holder.  (Read 358 times)

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
Broken "Chic Oblique E-curve" Holder.
« on: March 12, 2023, 09:49:04 AM »
This is what happened to the holder when I tried to remove a Nib.
This holder has no support  pin with the" stem and the Flang" and even seems to have "Friction fitted' and non glued when assembling.
Came out simply and I  haven't even used this pen regularly .

It is a bit sad what happened to this nice pen and I am thinking a way to get it fixed. Thinking what  glue could do a permanent joint???? Is that Epoxy is best or another non complicated  glue to choose.
Any suggestion ???
Has anyone had the same problem with this Curve -E pen?? I know many of us are using this pen on this forum.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 11:20:39 AM by Cyril Jayant »

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Broken "Chic Oblique E-curve" Holder.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 12:27:00 PM »
Sorry to see this happened. I am sure Edward will repair it for you. He stands behind his work. I have had several pens with flanges do this in the past (although none of my Chic Obliques have).

Here is the contact page for Chic Oblique .
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
Re: Broken "Chic Oblique E-curve" Holder.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 03:17:21 PM »
I have not had this happen with my Curv-E, but I feel your pain! I have been exercising extreme caution with mine, and have experienced some very anxious moments when trying to remove some extra tight nibs.

It doesn’t make sense that the flange will have slipped out, so I agree with Erica to check back with Edward on this. Cost of postage for the return would be insignifiant in comparison to the joy of having this small masterpiece in good working order. 

If, and only if, you were to hazard repairing it yourself, epoxy has always been my go to when fixing things with small surface areas that require a great deal of strength. More recently, I’ve discovered the magic of Gorilla Glue for strong repairs.  However, neither will be pretty, and personally I would not take the risk.
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace