Author Topic: Beacon of Light Exchange Sign Ups are Now Closed.  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Beacon of Light Exchange Sign Ups are Now Closed.
« on: February 22, 2021, 02:46:27 PM »
Lighthouses, sunsets, whatever brings you bright light in a weary world. The Beacon of Light exchange sign ups are here!

Postmark Deadline: Mon, March 29, 2021

YOU MUST SIGN UP VIA THE FORM ABOVE OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED SIGNED UP.

Please check your form carefully before submitting.

NOTE:

1. If you did not complete a past exchange you signed up for, you cannot participate.
2. If you will be busy and cannot meet your obligation, please do not sign up. It is not OK to think, "Life happens" and not fulfill your obligation. It is OK if circumstances require you to send your exchanges late, however, you will still not be able to participate in an exchange until yours are sent.
3. You must be a registered, activated member and you must have made at least one post, introductory or otherwise, in order to participate.

As always, the following guidelines apply:

1. Calligraphy should be used on both your exchange insert and envelope.
2. You will send a card to every member on your list (typically 7-9 members).
3. Must be related to the theme.
4. All skill levels welcome!
5. If you end up not being able to participate, please contact me ASAP. If you don't send your cards after the list has gone out, you will not be able to participate in the next exchange.
6. You must sign up before the deadline. No late sign ups.
7. HAVE FUN!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:07:06 PM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline passionforwriting

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Beacon of Light Exchange Sign Ups are Now Open!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 04:12:47 PM »
Yay, so excited and already have the perfect stamps for this!

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
Re: Beacon of Light Exchange Sign Ups are Now Closed.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 08:52:04 AM »
Just curious if anyone continues to have trouble receiving letters from this exchange. From my list, I received Wendy and Barbara's letters (thank you!). Is it just around DC or are others experiencing this as well?

Offline TeresaS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 09:16:31 AM »
I have received 3 of the 5 from my list.  Shirley, Nicole, and Robert.  All very creative, unique, and well done!  Our mail doesn’t even come at the same time of the day anymore, so maybe the post office is still overwhelmed. 
Teresa

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 02:50:16 PM »
I have received 3 of the 5 from my list.  Shirley, Nicole, and Robert.  All very creative, unique, and well done!  Our mail doesn’t even come at the same time of the day anymore, so maybe the post office is still overwhelmed.
Like you, I have received only three of five (including yours, Teresa--very nice). Received also one from Shirley and Robert--both very nice--thanks. Still missing @nicole.t  and @waterconfidence .

All mine were sent out on March 17. I generally send out several more not from the list and I know they have been received. Anyone else on list 2 missing mine?

I think the mail is backed up in a lot of places. I've received first class mail up to 8 weeks late here. Happy to send a scan of mine (I scan them all before sending) or a replacement to anyone missing mine.

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 03:24:19 PM »
Nice to hear that others are in a similar situation. 2 of my 3 are international--it goes without saying that those would be delayed. Ah well! Just hope nothing is lost!

Offline nicole.t

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 08:53:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've received everyone's on list 2. I enjoyed all of them as usual  :)

@AnasaziWrites I got yours in record time on this round! I'll resend mine - hopefully try #2 will have better luck getting to you!

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 12:23:13 PM »
Hi! I am missing 2 also from list 1. But as I am in Spain and everything is always international for me I kinda was expecting some delay.
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 03:42:11 PM »
Oh Alba! Yes, I'm missing yours, Gloria's and Jennifer's, but I figured with international post. It was going to happen.

Let me know if you didn't receive mine. Happy to share a photo... sadly, I spent so much time on it, I wouldn't be able to recreate it easily.  :(

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 08:32:43 AM »
Oh Alba! Yes, I'm missing yours, Gloria's and Jennifer's, but I figured with international post. It was going to happen.

Let me know if you didn't receive mine. Happy to share a photo... sadly, I spent so much time on it, I wouldn't be able to recreate it easily.  :(

Ohhh I got yours already!! It's a real beauty!! (And we almost chose the same quote! But I changed it at the last moment! Haha!).

Mine should be on their way. If you don't get it, please tell me.
Alba.

Offline waterconfidence

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 02:15:15 PM »
Hi Everyone,
So far I have received them from the following people: Michael and Nicole. I am hopeful the rest will come. Our mail still continues to be wonky in PA. Reach to me if you don't receive yours from me...happy to send a duplicate.  Judy

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2021, 09:44:39 AM »
@Inked botanicals Alba, yay! I got your beautiful letter. Love that quote. I'm adding it to my book of quotes to letter. And how cute is that leaf postage stamp. I wish our postal service was a bit more experimental with its stamps!

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 04:41:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've received everyone's on list 2. I enjoyed all of them as usual  :)

@AnasaziWrites I got yours in record time on this round! I'll resend mine - hopefully try #2 will have better luck getting to you!
Better luck indeed. This one arrived in three days. Nice work. Loved the history lesson, too. Thanks.

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 01:15:45 PM »
@Inked botanicals Alba, yay! I got your beautiful letter. Love that quote. I'm adding it to my book of quotes to letter. And how cute is that leaf postage stamp. I wish our postal service was a bit more experimental with its stamps!

Great!!

By the way, that leaf stamp is supposed to smell like eucalyptus (they are getting very creative here!). They smelled when I used them, does it still smell? Or is the smell lost in the way? I am curious...
Alba.

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2021, 02:41:37 PM »
Whaaaaaat, wow, that is so cool! And you know what, I just smelled it and there was the faintest scent of eucalyptus.

And of course, my husband walked in the moment I had your letter up to my nose, haha! Thanks, Alba! That's a treat!