Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Metta @sommersen7

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!
« on: April 21, 2021, 05:15:19 AM »
Hello Everyone!

I am Metta from Indonesia. I just started learning calligraphy last March. It helps me to cope with stress and my anxiety.
I took a basic calligraphy course a few days ago, and super pumped to learn more, especially about majuscule and flourishing.
I found this forum interesting, and i think this forum could help much for a newbie like me.
My goal in calligraphy is to be able create beautiful greeting cards for my family and friends. Special touch on a gift could be more meaningfull.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 11:23:07 AM »
Hi Metta,
Welcome to Flourish! Glad you found us and have been enjoying your calligraphy journey. What a great goal to use your calligraphy to send greetings to friends and family. This is an excellent way to practice and gain skill while creating something to give to others, rather than just practicing letters and words over and over! Have a look at some of our tutorials and let us know if you have any questions. Have fun!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 03:27:04 PM »
Hi Metta,

Welcome to the forum! That's a great goal and something I love to do as well. It's nice to be able to create a special card for someone.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 12:34:17 PM »
Hi Erica, nice to meet you here and thank you for a warm welcome :)

Hi Metta,
Welcome to Flourish! Glad you found us and have been enjoying your calligraphy journey. What a great goal to use your calligraphy to send greetings to friends and family. This is an excellent way to practice and gain skill while creating something to give to others, rather than just practicing letters and words over and over! Have a look at some of our tutorials and let us know if you have any questions. Have fun!  :)

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 12:41:10 PM »
Hi Metta,

Welcome to the forum! That's a great goal and something I love to do as well. It's nice to be able to create a special card for someone.

Hi, Elaina, nice to meet you here. Waw, glad to have someone who also have the same interest/goal in calligraphy. I just checked out your instagram and your feed is beautiful! I think i'll also gonna learn how to draw a picture with pointed pen someday. :)

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 02:15:27 PM »
Metta,

Welcome to the forum!  Your family and friends will really enjoy receiving your cards when the time comes. Don't be surprised if they eventually insist on them over store-bought, like my mother does! ;)

Emjoy!

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 02:25:50 PM »
Metta,

Welcome to the forum!  Your family and friends will really enjoy receiving your cards when the time comes. Don't be surprised if they eventually insist on them over store-bought, like my mother does! ;)

Emjoy!

Haha Bianca, same here. I can't get away with store-bought cards anymore!