Author Topic: Henriette says Hi !  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Vlatorn

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Henriette says Hi !
« on: November 24, 2017, 07:57:26 AM »
Hi I’m Henriette, I go by ‘vlatorn’ (pronounced fla-torn) since there’s only two of us in the world, the other being my 4,5 year old daughter Norma.

I’m 36 and live in Denmark, small country with about 6 mil inhabitants, and we speak our language ‘Danish’ which have three extra letters: Ææ Øø and Åå
Those can be hard to find exemplars for let me tell you!

I’ve always been creative - painting, drawing, and always wanted to make sure my type was just so.

I started lettering in November ‘16 when I received a tombow dual set, with the intent of coloring with my daughter, but lettering sucked me in haha!
I joined IG and soon took part in a load of challenges and loved the community it brought with it.

In January ‘17 I got my first pointed pen and since I’ve been in love trying my best at modern calligraphy. The possibilities and challenges are endless and so are the ink-stains on my hand since I’m a lefty! (Go team smudge)

I simply love making calligraphy and the community that surrounds it. And I’m so happy to become a member of Flourish. I hope to find a lot of friendships, resources and hopefully to give back where ever I can. I love to help.

If you feel so inclined my IG is: www.instagram.com/vlatorn_letters 

With joy, Henriette

Offline Salman Khattak

• View Profile
    • Toronto Pen Company
Re: Henriette says Hi !
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 01:15:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum Henriette.

I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to use it.

Copperplate Tutorial :: Toronto Pen Company

Offline Vlatorn

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 01:57:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum Henriette.

Thank you so much Salman - I can’t wait do dive into your tutorials as soon as I figure out how these forums works 😊

Offline Salman Khattak

• View Profile
    • Toronto Pen Company
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 02:20:16 PM »
You are most welcome to join the lessons whenever you are ready Henriette. My Copperplate tutorials are for a writing style that is a bit more structured than the Modern style you are interested in but it does help with getting an understanding of the underlying letter forms.

Regards,
Salman
I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to use it.

Copperplate Tutorial :: Toronto Pen Company

Offline Vlatorn

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »
You are most welcome to join the lessons whenever you are ready Henriette. My Copperplate tutorials are for a writing style that is a bit more structured than the Modern style you are interested in but it does help with getting an understanding of the underlying letter forms.

Regards,
Salman

Oh I’m super into learning the specific styles and their correct forms - not only because I’d love to do it as correct as possible but also because to break the rules you need to know the rules.  ;)
I’m so in awe of the sheer amount of talent in here and I’d love to hone mine
(I don’t mean to boast, it can be hard finding the right words in a second language)

ash0kgiri

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 06:58:58 AM »
Warm welcome Henriette :D
I just managed to sneak into your IG account and you have a very good calligraphy hand. Super !!!
This forum is like a Bible in calligraphy and never ending treasure, the more you dig the more you find.

Keep writing,
Ashok

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 03:13:23 PM »
A belated welcome to you @Vlatorn ! I am always so intrigued by non-English letters - how they work, if that means there are words that have no English equivalent, etc. Do you practice in both languages?  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram