Author Topic: is there a way to bookmark posts?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Sarah Foutz

• Write on!
    • View Profile
is there a way to bookmark posts?
« on: January 04, 2015, 02:03:59 AM »
Ok, I'm on information overload here, and pretty much have been on here during any spare moment for the past week! I'm finding that I want to remember certain tips people share-there are so many useful comments, but then i can't remember where I found them. Would it be possible to add a "dog-ear" or bookmark function to certain comments or threads so we can find things that were important to us? Or is that just too much to ask?

Because Erica, i just have one more little itsy bitsy favor: in all your spare time, how about creating a FF app??  ;D how cool would that be!?

For all you FF longtimers: does the novelty of the forum ever wear off? Will my life ever go back to "normal?"
Sarah Pearl Foutz
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You, too? I thought I was the only one!" C.S. Lewis
http://instagram.com/sarahpearlstudio

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: is there a way to bookmark posts?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 02:33:59 AM »
There isn't, but you can just use the bookmark function of your browser!

And no, I can say with certainty that your life will never be the same again, and that's in a totally good way! :D
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
    • Dasherie Magazine
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:53:24 AM »
Good questions!

There is a bookmark feature I tried to implement once but it created errors on the forum and it conflicts with the "Like" button. So I left it alone for now. As Natascha said, you can set up a Favorites Folder on your browser and then do subfolders underneath. I'll try to revisit this again soon.

As for the app, I do believe I ran across a forum app at some point. I will search for it again and see if it is something I can easily input.  ;D
Truly, Erica
Lettering/Design Artist, Homeopath, Photographer, Mom, Wife
Dasherie Magazine | Paperwhite Studio | Instagram | Facebook

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 05:19:50 AM »
The forum works fine in a mobile browser though :)
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline jaimelynne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »
My husband uses an app called Tapatalk for some of his forums! Not sure if that one is easily compatible or not :)
Jaime Lynne

Offline Heebs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 11:37:10 PM »
There sort of is actually, kinda hidden but it's how I keep track of posts I'm interested in.

It piggy backs on the "Notify" button at the top of each thread (which can also be auto activated by posting in a thread), if I simply want to bookmark a thread I press "Notify" and it will be stored in your profile. Simply click on Profile at the top left, look for the Modify Profile button and when you hover over it you will see a Notifications option in the list. This is where all of the thread's you've been following are listed.

Offline Lori M

• Calligraphy will prevail!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 01:55:03 AM »
Pretty clever, Heebs!

I pin certain threads on Pinterest, in a private board. Strange, I know, but most everything else calligraphy I reference is there, so that keeps it in one place for me. (Plus it's accessible from any device.)