Author Topic: Site very slow  (Read 1091 times)

Offline hollyh

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Site very slow
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:05:41 PM »
I joined this awesome site yesterday and am very eager to start the pointed pen tutorials. However, the site is running so slow on my computer that I can barely bring up any of the pages.

Other pages come up fine, but this forum is exceptionally slow for me. I googled "test website speed" to check the site versus other sites and the message I got was this: "Your website is slower than 97% of all tested websites"

There could be something wonky going on with the flourish forum's host or it could just be that the site is generating more traffic than the hosting plan is prepared to handle. I'm not certain what the problem is, but I wanted to share because this is an awesome site and I wanted to make you all aware of any potential problems.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Site very slow
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:10:10 PM »
Thanks Holly,
We have been having server and accessibility problems since last night. We are aware of the problem and working on it. Thanks for your message though!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline hollyh

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Site very slow
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:16:08 PM »
Glad to hear that you know of the issue and are working on it! I stepped away from the site for a minute and when I came back, it was working at a normal speed so I was able to get to those downloads I wanted!

Thanks so much!