Author Topic: Honey, I shrunk the font!  (Read 4805 times)

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
Honey, I shrunk the font!
« on: March 09, 2016, 09:09:50 AM »
For some reason, over the last several days, whenever I enter the site from any device, the font is tiny. I'm not sure where I may have accidentally changed something. It's only this site.

Help?
Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

Offline seanlanefuller

• View Profile
Re: Honey, I shrunk the font!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 02:39:42 PM »
On Chrome and IE on Windows and OSX you can hold the Ctrl key and then the plus or minus to increase and decrease the font size.

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »
Thanks. I wonder if I did that by accident. The browser is also too smart, it's remembering it across devices. Seems to have helped, we'll see how long or how extensive it works.

Thanks

Offline Elizabeth O.

• View Profile
    • Elizabeth Oxenfeld
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 05:28:55 PM »
The title to this thread is awesome.

...and makes me want to watch some Rick Moranis movies...or ride that crazy "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!" movie ride at Disney World where you get shrunk and the dog sneezes on you (I'm sure other things happen, but that sneeze part is the only part that sticks with me for some reason...).

If the Ctrl + solution doesn't stick...holler back!  We might have other ideas you could try.

All my best -- Elizabeth O.

Website | Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:03:17 PM »
Love the subject line, too. Keep me posted if this happens again. I don't now why it would have happened but will investigate if it continues or others report something similar.

In a similar line - one time I updated Windows and something happened to my fonts in email. Everytime I sent an email, the font was super tiny so I would increase the font size to make it look normal. Little did I know, the emails I was sending out were in GIANT letters! One day my friend replied, "What's with the big fonts?" I realized my gaff and then laughed like crazy because I had sent emails to my kids' doctor, my boss, etc. I had sent a "Congratulations" email to the doc because his wife had a baby. The next day the doctor's office sent a message saying the doctor would no longer accept personal emails and we could only send messages via their new contact form.  ;D I think they thought I was a crazy stalker!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 09:49:43 PM »
At least they weren't giant letters AND all in caps! :)