Author Topic: Stationery addicts unite!  (Read 10795 times)

Offline evjo

• View Profile
Re: Stationery addicts unite!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 05:04:03 PM »
Sheila wrote:  That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Wow!  I am impressed.

Thanks, Sheila!  :)
I would encourage anyone to try copying a design from that kind of stationery.   And to take a class from Heather. 
We used McCaffery's ink (brown, I think) & water soluble colored pencils.  & gold leaf.  Maybe something else, but I cannot remember what.
I also cannot remember the name of the workshop that Heather taught.  Such is old age...brain like a sieve. 
Ev

Offline Os

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 12:20:16 PM »
Here you are....

THOSE. ARE. GORGEOUS. I love the vintage feel!

I took a workshop from Heather Held and we learned some techniques for those Italian designs.  Here's what I did.

Beautiful work! Man, I wish I could take a workshop from Heather Held ;V; Sadly, I don't have the budget for the workshop or for getting on a plane to the US :)) But, wow, I wish I could make my own stationery!

Offline sheila247

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 02:24:16 PM »
I bought some vermillion sumi ink to use on them.   It matches perfectly.  I sent a little pick me up card to a friend of mine using them.   

I too wish I could take a workshop from Heather Held.....  I also want to go to IAMPETH and the International Conference, maybe next year.   

Offline Karen Gray

• A little to the left of normal
    • View Profile
    • Thistles and Roses
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 05:18:33 AM »
I am quite literally swooning from this thread.

I love beautiful stationary and I can NEVER get my hands on any!!! So frustrating. (granted I would probably also be someone who kept it rather than using it but... you know lol)

At least now I can order custom papers through college. Perhaps what I should be doing is making stationary rather than trying to find it :p It's something that never crossed my mind until now. Perhaps I will use it for my branding project in my graded unit for my HND.
Mummy of loveable monsters / Wife and Carer / Scottish Mythical Fantasy Writer / Author of The Saga of Thistles and Roses / Graphic Design Student / Lover of Typography and Hand Lettering, Watercolour and Photography - Basically... A Little to the Left of Normal.
https://thistleyroses.wordpress.com/

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 04:02:06 AM »
Me too! I LOVE cute character stationery and I have tons of it. Exactly the kind of sets you're showing. Japanese and Korean "letter sets" are the best! The paper isn't always good for calligraphy, but so cuuuuuuuute!
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline Elisabeth_M

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 10:38:21 AM »
For those who like the Italian stationary and the vintage-y looking ones, have you tried looking at The Graphics Fairy website?  She scans in vintage graphics whose copyrights have expired (so early 20th century or older) and offers them for free on her website.  If you follow @schin 's instagram, you will have seen some examples in the signs she made for IAMPETH. I love the typography ones and the frames and banners which make great stationery that you can print yourself.  These are some great examples.

Her only request is that you don't use more than 6 graphics in any one project. 
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.  --Carl Sagan

Instagram

Offline Os

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 07:02:29 AM »
Me too! I LOVE cute character stationery and I have tons of it. Exactly the kind of sets you're showing. Japanese and Korean "letter sets" are the best! The paper isn't always good for calligraphy, but so cuuuuuuuute!

Character stationery is the best!!! If you have some, be sure to take photos and share them here with us so we can all fawn over cute characters ;;V;; Hopefully, my trip to Japan this December will push so I can buy more stationery (My goal is fill an entire small suitcase with nothing but paper!!! bwahahaha)

For those who like the Italian stationary and the vintage-y looking ones, have you tried looking at The Graphics Fairy website? 

Oooooh just checked it out, and the graphics look amazing! One thing I love about vintage images is the desaturated colors! I've always been a vibrant, rainbow kind of girl, but there's something about muted hues and shades that draws me to them, too!

Offline Susan C

• View Profile
    • Susan M. Carter Photography
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 08:09:28 PM »
For those interested in paper marbling, there is an upcoming free class on Creative Live https://www.creativelive.com/courses/introduction-paper-marbling-robert-mahar

Offline Andrea K

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 12:44:03 AM »
@sheila247 Those cards are totally hoard-worthy!  But I agree... use them and spread the beauty.  Swoon... Florentine papers.   
"The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." — Oscar Wilde

Offline Andrea K

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 12:56:17 AM »
@evjo   What beautiful work you did!  Some day I would love to take a Heather Held class.  I'm a big admirer.   Truly lovely design.  Do you now make your own stationery?  You could. It is that pretty.
"The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." — Oscar Wilde

Offline liavarm

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2017, 08:21:46 AM »
How many agendas are too many agendas??  :o
"Art is the stored honey of the human soul"

Offline esmy77

• Part Time Unicorn chaser
    • View Profile
    • Wild Stawberry
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2017, 02:39:05 PM »
@evjo beautiful! @Inked botanicals  You are so funny telling that lady your solution for her hoarding problem hahahahha!
Esmeraldita • Part time Unicorn Chaser • Graphic Designer Hand Crafted style • Cake Designer • Chucky's mom (child's play doll) • Married to a Swede

ash0kgiri

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 04:51:32 AM »
Amazing stuff @Os.
@sheila247 and @evjo thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of work.

- Ashok

Offline SarahParsons

• Freshman Member
  • www.calligraphywithlove.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy With Love UK
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
Yay! Stationery addicts unite!

Gorgeous pieces so far! I've loved stationery since I was young and it hasn't got away with age.

This was my haul when I went to Melodies Graphiques in Paris, still haven't used the notecards, they're too pretty and special!

Most recently for Christmas I was lucky enough to get a duo of Rifle Paper Co notebooks which are sitting pretty until I can find a justifiable use for them.

Last month I got a Lamy Al-star Pacific Blue, it's so beautiful and the first fountain pen where I've not had any issues with ink flow.

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 04:13:47 PM »
This was my haul when I went to Melodies Graphiques in Paris ...

Okay Sarah, I'm sure you'd quite like to tell us about that (ahem) mildly interesting inkwell ... so, you know, feel free.   ;)