Author Topic: Just found Flourish Forum - I have been waiting for this!!!  (Read 803 times)

Offline jafix

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Jafix Grafix Design & Calligraphy
Just found Flourish Forum - I have been waiting for this!!!
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:44:39 PM »
Hi,

My name is Jenny Waltemath.  I feel like I have found another home:)

I am a self taught calligrapher and similiar to Erica's story, I have loved it since I was very young.  I practiced my first exemplars with the Schaeffer pen as well.  Then discovered wonderful calligraphy books at the library and spent many hours practicing.

I was able to attend my first ever calligraphy conference this last summer at The Summit in Colorado Springs!  It was truly a life altering experience.  I had my first class with Yves Leterme (all time favorites for many years!) and second class with Jake Weideman (what's not to love about that guy!).
I was very intimidated at first.  But they both gave me very encouraging remarks and felt an amazing boost to my calligraphy skills!!

Can't wait to learn more!!

Thanks,

Jenny Waltemath
Jenny

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Just found Flourish Forum - I have been waiting for this!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 08:16:06 PM »
Hi Jenny!

Welcome to Flourish! I loved reading about your experience! You have one up on me - I have yet to make it to a conference! So glad to hear how much you enjoyed it! Sounds like some great classes. I adore the fact Yves's last name almost spells Letter-me! (Although I know it isn't pronounced that way.)

I hope you will share some of your work with us. And welcome home!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram