Author Topic: Blank/white pages  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Blank/white pages
« on: November 22, 2016, 09:39:32 AM »
It appears we are having a technical problem. Some of the pages (as far as I can tell the last page in certain threads) are not loading properly. When clicked on, just a blank/white page comes up.

If you encounter this, please copy and paste the link for that page in a response below.

I have been troubleshooting over the past few days and still working on the issue.

Thanks!  :'(
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: Blank/white pages
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 09:49:35 AM »
It has happened to me, sometimes, but though of connexion issues because it only happened from my iPhone. I'll try to post the link here the next time! Thanks for all, Erica!
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 11:54:34 AM »
Yes, I've come across a few in the exchanges section.  I did wonder in my woolly-minded, completely untechnical way whether it might be something to do with pic-heavy pages.  Here's a couple:

http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5145.msg65719#new
http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5177.msg65697#new

(edit) Forgot to mention that I'm using Firefox / Linux .
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:47:37 PM by AndyT »

Offline LindaR

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 02:55:56 PM »
I've been experiencing the same problem for several days.  I've used a variety of browsers on both the iPad and my Mac, always with the same result -- the page loads, but no messages on the last page of the topic are visible.
http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5145.15
http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5177.30
Interestingly, I see something other than a white page when I use Chrome on the Mac. I've attached a screenshot.  Could this offer some clues in your troubleshooting efforts?
LindaR

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 05:02:19 PM »
Yes! Thank you Linda!

I think it may have happened because we reached our memory quota and I had to upgrade the account for more memory. But something was stuck in the cache and still won't display it.

Hopefully we will get it worked out. Thank you for this!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline LindaR

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 09:01:17 PM »
Erica, here's one more oddity that I forgot to mention earlier.  The final pages of the threads aren't missing when I view them as a guest (without being signed in).  I can read the individual messages on the final pages (all the text is there), but the accompanying photos on those pages are missing.  As soon as I sign in, the final pages of the threads completely disappear.

Even more interesting is that when I view the first page(s) of the threads in question as a guest, most other photos (but not all) are missing, too.  When I log in, I CAN see all photos in these threads, except for those on the last page of each thread; the last page has no text and no photos whatsoever.  Weird, eh?

I realize that this description sounds confusing. You may want to check this out for yourself by accessing the forum as a guest.

Thanks for all the digging you're doing to solve The Mystery of the Blank White Pages, as well as for all you do to keep this fantastic forum running so smoothly.
LindaR

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 11:04:58 AM »
This is SO helpful Linda! Thank you for taking the time to share it with me. I really appreciate it! Hopefully we can get it corrected.  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram