Author Topic: IAMPETH Courses??  (Read 1670 times)

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
IAMPETH Courses??
« on: February 11, 2017, 01:00:52 PM »
I've been stalking the IAMPETH website, to see if I can figure out what courses are going to be offered this summer.  I can't find anything about this year's convention.  I know when registration is & I am a member (and have signed into the website), but I can't find a course list.  Does anyone know when the list of classes will be released??  I got all of the classes that i wanted last year, and am hoping to do the same this year!

Janis

Offline JohnNealBooks

• View Profile
    • John Neal Books
Re: IAMPETH Courses??
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 01:11:29 PM »
I found this on the IAMPETH website today
"
ATTENTION MEMBERS
We are awaiting the final  copy of the Registration Packet from the editor. It will be posted the moment we receive it and you will get an email telling you that it is there and how to access it.  Thank you for your patience, we promise, it's worth the wait!  (updated Feb 9, 10:41 am, cst)

UPDATE Feb 11,  9:22 am, cst - we are still waiting for the packet from the editor.
So sorry for the delay."

So hopefully the reg pkt will be ready soon.  The classes are listed in the reg pkt.

Cheers, Michael

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:04:31 AM »
I've been refreshing the IAMPETH webpage every 10 minutes since Thursday... no lie..
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

ash0kgiri

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 11:17:05 AM »
I got that email too. Waiting for it.

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 12:02:07 PM »
I'm glad that I'm not alone in this! :-)  It's good to know that other Penheads are with me in the wait! :-)

Janis

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 02:59:49 AM »
And here it is!
I'm not as excited for the classes as I was the years before actually. What do you think?
I'm not sure I'll go this year because of costs and stuff, you know. If I was REALLY REALLY excited about the classes, yeah, but hmmm ...
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 09:09:27 AM »
And here it is!
I'm not as excited for the classes as I was the years before actually. What do you think?
I'm not sure I'll go this year because of costs and stuff, you know. If I was REALLY REALLY excited about the classes, yeah, but hmmm ...
I agree with your impression.
Most of the master penmen I would love to meet and take a bit of instruction from aren't going to be there. The whole program seems to be oriented towards beginners, which is fine, as I would guess most of the members now are less experienced. Also, the teaching focus seems to be broadening (less traditional) to include more styles, which should appeal to a wider audience, but again, I'm really not interested in all these other areas. But that's just me, where I am at this point. Many prefer a big buffet; I prefer a few choice items.
My travel dollars will be spent elsewhere.

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 01:01:39 PM »
I like the classes but I think I'll be going to Letterworks instead. It is in Utah this year and much closer to me. I'm a little nervous about it though as I know it's much different from Iampeth..

Offline sheila247

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »
Schin, your message just made my day!!   I am going to Letterworks and it will be my first calligraphy conference ever.   I would love to meet you!  Not trying to sound to starstruck - but your work is absolutely incredible!

Sheila

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 11:51:47 PM »
Of course! Let's grab lunch together one day! I think I will be staying at the dorms.

Offline sheila247

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 12:09:02 AM »
That sounds awesome.  I'll be in the dorms also.   It will be nice to put a face with the name.   :-)