Author Topic: Calligraphy Ruler  (Read 1164 times)

Offline cejohnson

• View Profile
Calligraphy Ruler
« on: April 12, 2019, 01:00:33 PM »
Greetings,

I have searched, without success, to see if any US vendors carry Aquino da Silva's Calligraphy Ruler. Does anyone know if a US vendor carries this that I may have overlooked?

Thank you,
Catherine
"The expert at anything was once a beginner." - Helen Hayes

Offline KristinT

• View Profile
Re: Calligraphy Ruler
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 08:43:02 PM »
I haven't seen that exact ruler/ lettering guide, but Jetpens has a very similar tool:

https://www.jetpens.com/Staedtler-Ames-Lettering-Guide/pd/12316#index=0

I actually recently got one and I'm excited to use it.  The biggest difference between this model and the one you've referenced is that the one from Jetpens is set up for 68 degrees (or 112 degrees, I suppose) instead of 55.  Still, it has a lot of adjustability for line size.

I hope that helps. I'll also be interested to know what else is out there.

Best,
Kristin

Offline cejohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 10:58:01 AM »
Hi Kristin,

Thank you for your feedback. In looking for calligraphy guideline rulers I did see the 'Ames Lettering Guide', as well as 'InkMeThis Envelope Ruler' at John Neals store, but when using Google I came across the Aquino da Silva ruler and it seemed to be near perfect.

I create my own guidelines to print using GIMP, but I was looking for something easier to use than my protractor and ruler when I am not near a printer or want to create some lines quickly on the fly.

I'll continue to use what I have, but if I see the Aquino ruler come to the US I will update this thread.

Peace,
Catherine

Offline cejohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »
UPDATE

John Neal Bookseller is now selling this calligraphy ruler. I just ordered one today so they are still in stock as of this writing:

https://www.johnnealbooks.com/prod_detail_list/s?keyword=Aquino

Peace,
Cat

Offline KristinT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 07:50:16 PM »
Thanks for the update, Cat!  Lettering guides like this are such helpful tools; it's nice to know what's out there and from whence they can be acquired!