Author Topic: What's your workstation like?  (Read 51528 times)

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
Re: What's your workstation like?
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2014, 08:17:05 PM »
We moved to a new house in December, and there is a tiny bedroom on the top floor that I've taken over as my studio. I am so happy to have a room of my own (as V. Woolf suggested was important!), and I feel that it has really enhanced my burgeoning practice.

Oh that's beautiful!  Oh man, I really wish for a room of my own.

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2014, 10:01:45 PM »
We moved to a new house in December, and there is a tiny bedroom on the top floor that I've taken over as my studio. I am so happy to have a room of my own (as V. Woolf suggested was important!), and I feel that it has really enhanced my burgeoning practice.

i love your workspace, especially your desk!  especially that it's facing a window; you can soak all the natural light in :)
patricia
instagram    |   blog    |   facebook

Offline Brad franklin

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2014, 04:40:32 PM »
I have a question for anyone who has figured this out. I looked through these pictures and I did not see a fan. I live in Georgia and it is very hot and humid even still. (Fall). Even with air conditioning I need a fan. Where would be the best place to place it without it blowing all the papers around?

Offline Nickkih

• Be Brave
    • View Profile
    • Amore Paper and Ink
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »
Brad my practical suggestion is to just try what works for you.
Mom, Grandma, and Calligrapher

Offline Brittany Fetterman

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »
Estefa, I love that your desk is right next to the window,  and the teal walls are awesome!
There's always time for more calligraphy!

http://instagram.com/elegantinkwell

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2014, 05:46:40 PM »
I have a question for anyone who has figured this out. I looked through these pictures and I did not see a fan. I live in Georgia and it is very hot and humid even still. (Fall). Even with air conditioning I need a fan. Where would be the best place to place it without it blowing all the papers around?

Have you considered working in your underwear?

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »
I don't have one, I wish to have a workstation one of this days.  :)

Offline artcyva

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2015, 12:29:51 AM »
Love seeing all your workstations! I don't have one yet and only use my pc table for now. Hoping to move to a bigger place this year. :)
Charm
IG:@artcyva

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2015, 09:07:43 PM »
Brad, we have ceiling fans in every room which usually isn't a problem because it is in the middle of the room. But sometimes I have to turn it off when I am working or it blows all the paper. In the summer when it's unbearable in FL, I crank the AC down to the "snow" setting.  ;D

Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Perfectsettings

• View Profile
    • Perfect Settings
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2015, 02:48:52 PM »
Brad, when my hot flashes kick in I use a small fan.  I point it towards my legs b/c somehow that helps without all the papers blowing everywhere.  HTH
Daisy
Lover of all things beautiful.

Offline papercrew

• Freshman Member
  • www.papercrew.com
    • View Profile
    • Paper Crew
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2015, 04:52:11 PM »
Okay now I wanna get into my shop on a Sunday and clean out a space just for my calligraphy! I'll post pics soon!

Offline garyn

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2015, 08:34:49 PM »

BSP
I recommend you replace that folding chair, as it looks like it will not be good for your back.
Otherwise I'm jealous of your setup, sooooooo much room.
Gary

Offline Perfectsettings

• View Profile
    • Perfect Settings
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2015, 09:00:10 AM »

So here's my little studio – I use it also for all things non-digital, mainly illustration, or such. My computer is in the office I share with my husband.

I'm glad you said this!  People often ask me why I have 2 desks in my office.  I always shrug and think; b/c I want them!  But I never put words to it.  Yes!  That one is for all non-digital!  Love it.
Daisy
Lover of all things beautiful.

Offline Chandra

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2015, 07:00:45 AM »
All these workspace making me want to remake my space. I'm currently having to work on a tiny corner of my bedroom , and i've just started calligraphy , so everytime i want to train , i'll move my laptop and train , and when i need to do some digital or stuff , i'll move my calligraphy stuffs and move my laptop back in.
I hope i get a bigger space soon !

Regards,
Chandra

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2015, 08:52:00 PM »
I was actually searching for a thread like this; I'm always really really curious what people's workspaces are like - they have such personality! I love all of these. It's so nice to create a little corner to yourself, well mostly to yourself haha. Seems like some have to compete with kids, significant others, and pets, but it's nice to have some control. I just have to worry about my cat so a lot of my things have to be tucked away in ways that don't interest him.

I share a small space with my boyfriend so our bedroom is also our living space and I get this corner all to myself (and Buster Kitten, as you can see, he doesn't care about boundaries). I have to thank my bf for the older antiques stuffs. I have a dream of living in a house that looks like a hobbit hole.

I don't get a lot of natural light so I kinda have to be right under a lamp. This picture also depicts the daily battle between me and my cat over MY chair (he thinks he's gonna win).

Sort of a close up. That glass bubbly thing I bought cheap at an estate sale cuz it was a cool glass bubbly thing. It's now my water holder!

And a close up of the rad gift my boyfriend made for me.