Author Topic: Beginners Looking For Pen Pals  (Read 6832 times)

Offline JennyM

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Looking For Pen Pals
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 04:47:19 PM »
I would love to do something with beginners!  I took a peek at the photos of past exchanges from the "pros" and had a mini anxiety attack over not being able to do ANYTHING remotely that amazing.
Teacher, Mommy, Wife & lover of all things handmade.

Offline Adrienne

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • A Sinister Scribe
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
I'd love to collect a few [beginner] pen pals.  I'd love to exchange recipes, quotes, little bits of art, etc.  One of the things I like to document is the "crazy questions asked at work".

I live in a land of nearly no calligraphy & good paper supply, save the local office supply which stocks the HP Premium Laser Printer Paper. :P

PM's welcome!
IG @linuxwitch

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »
I would love to do something with beginners!  I took a peek at the photos of past exchanges from the "pros" and had a mini anxiety attack over not being able to do ANYTHING remotely that amazing.

Jenny-
Generally only the "pros" post their work here.  There are plenty of beginners in the exchanges!

Offline calli.pvw

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 08:02:36 PM »
I might be late to the game but if you could add me in on this, I would love the practice!

Offline karen215

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 11:35:11 PM »
Hi! I'm Karen and a beginner calligrapher in Hong Kong and would love to have penpals from around the world. PM me and lets exchange addresses :D my Instagram is @kho215
Karen H.
Instagram: @karendabbles
Personal IG:@kho215

Offline chocolatebuckeyes

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 04:31:35 AM »
I would love to collect some pen pals. Any new people to the thread, feel free to PM me. Maybe we can come up with some fun themes for inspiration.

-Allison

Offline PriH

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 10:44:06 AM »
 It may be late to add this but I have had a few calligraphy pen pals from instagram and would love to join this as well  :D ! Its just such a fun experience! Please feel free to PM me to exchange information! My instagram is @letterstomyheart!

Offline Elisabeth_M

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 05:49:33 PM »
I am interested in a pen pal, but am a little anxious about committing to something too big.  Is anyone interested in doing something very simple like exchanging postcards back and forth?  The postcards would not need to be handmade, just a regular old postcard with maybe a quote written in calligraphy.  Or, if people are interested in something more whimsical, maybe a sentence or two of absurdity (ie Dear Betty, Not much new here, the news trucks are still on the lawn waiting for the Grand Poobah to come home from surgery.  Fred is thinking of charging the tv stations for the cost of redoing the landscaping. Hope you and Barney are well--give Bam-Bam a kiss from me!  Love, Wilma). 

P.S.  Just had to google Eleanor Winters for the post verification question.  Is her book famous among pointed pen calligraphers?  Am I the only person who has never heard of her?
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.  --Carl Sagan

Instagram

Offline Meriyou

• Freshman Member
  • Do more of what makes you happy!
    • View Profile
    • El Rincón de Meriyou
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 07:55:30 AM »
Hi! Here one beginner from Spain too! I've been looking for a pen pal for ages and I didn't think about asking here in the forum!! So, if there is somebody interested, I'd be glad to be your pen pal!!!
Watch with glittering eyes the world around you

Offline Sandeeee

• Never stop learning. Never stop writing.
    • View Profile
    • Sandeegraphy
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 12:19:08 PM »
Yayy message me if you wanna be my penpal! <3
Sandee Suan - sandeegraphy.wordpress.com
"Never stop learning. Never stop feeling. Never stop writing."
@sandeegraphy

Offline angelinamkelly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 04:09:02 PM »
I'm in too if anyone wants!  i just sent my first letter off to another pen pal i met on here.  Love the idea and it is great practice!

Offline jedcel

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 07:37:24 PM »
I am interested in a pen pal, but am a little anxious about committing to something too big.  Is anyone interested in doing something very simple like exchanging postcards back and forth?  The postcards would not need to be handmade, just a regular old postcard with maybe a quote written in calligraphy.  Or, if people are interested in something more whimsical, maybe a sentence or two of absurdity (ie Dear Betty, Not much new here, the news trucks are still on the lawn waiting for the Grand Poobah to come home from surgery.  Fred is thinking of charging the tv stations for the cost of redoing the landscaping. Hope you and Barney are well--give Bam-Bam a kiss from me!  Love, Wilma). 

P.S.  Just had to google Eleanor Winters for the post verification question.  Is her book famous among pointed pen calligraphers?  Am I the only person who has never heard of her?

Hi Elisabeth!

I love sending postcards and actually an active member of Postcrossing.  Let me know if you'd like to swap postcards from me, I'm based in the Philippines. :)

Offline Elisabeth_M

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 11:08:20 PM »

Hi Elisabeth!

I love sending postcards and actually an active member of Postcrossing.  Let me know if you'd like to swap postcards from me, I'm based in the Philippines. :)

I'm technically on Postcrossing but got really, um, intense with it (trying to increase the number of postcards I could send at a time, searching for the perfect postcard for people and getting frustrated by it) and had to take a break.  Sometimes I go a little bit overboard with my hobbies.   ::)  Anyway, I would love exchanging postcards with you and will PM my address to you right now.
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.  --Carl Sagan

Instagram

Offline flummoxed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 08:10:28 AM »
I'm a beginner too and would love to sign up in case it isn't too late. This might be something that will push me to practice more as I've tried with Erica's videos and seem to constantly lapse out of it (definitely not a refelction on the quality of the videos, just my lack of dedication I think).

Offline Sanbearz

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 11:16:28 AM »
What does one writes in a beginner pen pal letter?  :)